Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Curious what all you hambers do for work?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustypipes, Sep 28, 2005.

1. 58ducknut

58ducknut
    from ohio

Wildlife artist , I carve duck decoys . I turned my hobby into a full time job . LS1068 Cont Decoy champ copy.jpg

kiwijeff, krbstr, czuch and 16 others like this.
  2. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D:eek: Hi 58ducknut.That is outstanding.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

58ducknut likes this.
  3. To quote an old line, "eastbound and down, loaded up and truckin..."

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

DBruce likes this.
  4. Retired Safe cracker.

chryslerfan55 and DBruce like this.
  5. Jeremy Jalopies

Jeremy Jalopies

I work in advertising and photography

DBruce likes this.
  6. JimSibley

JimSibley

As my profile says, I am a professional dumbass! Or you can call me the head clown at deer park auto body.

7. I've wore many hat's from pushing a broom to running my own business,today I am Retired and play delivery boy when Brenda needs me at her Flower Shop. HRP

Early Ironman, olscrounger and DBruce like this.
  8. Retired Master Chief MK USCG.
    6 years at Wartsila as a propulsion systems superintendent now I work for Timken as a Philly Gear tech rep

DBruce and chryslerfan55 like this.
  9. Thank you for your service sir

leadsled likes this.
  10. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, nothing now.

My last contract ran out, and was not renewed. Nobody is returning my calls, or responding to my emails.

I may have been put into early retirement.:eek:

11. 28 ponti

28 ponti

I'm an artist and medallic sculptor. I make images for collector coins.

Attached Files:

czuch, DHeep, Racer29 and 6 others like this.
  12. Just a quick note I am giving up my current job to become a pimp. :D :D :D

13. Cool job. That looks incredible!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  14. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

I am not going through all 40 something pages to see if I already replied. So........

Was a welder fabricator and millwright for 25 years. Now i only do it for enjoyment and artwork. 2A water treatment plant operator for 14 years for the town now. 11 years to go and i am DONE. Send me my checks and i will do what I WANT then.
    If i could do artwork and make money at it, Id never work another day in my life. I love it!!!

DBruce likes this.
  15. I can do structural, but in terms of artistic talent, I can't draw a ring around a bathtub.

16. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Retired after working plant maintenance for 25 years, being the team leader for the last 14 years. Included maintenance on CNC machines, overhead cranes, welding equipment, press brakes, shears, and 60 foot long foam press for foaming reefer side walls and roofs as well as doing machine work on lathe and vertical mill and building fixtures of all sorts. That includes working with 480V 3PH, hydraulics, and mechanical of all machines and electrical control systems. Jack of all trades and master of none, I guess

DBruce likes this.
  17. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

Retired early from a utility company, now on an alpine Search & Rescue team.

DBruce likes this.
  18. I own my own business. I'd say my job title is Administration, Accounting, Maintenance, Human Resources, Janitorial, Reception, Marketing, Graphic design, Web Development, and Chief of Security. Now if only I could get paid for it.

19. idtoy

idtoy
    from idaho

Selling automation for high volume precision manufacturing. Being doing one thing or another in technology for 30 yrs

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

DBruce and 65pacecar like this.
  20. brasscarguy

brasscarguy
    from seattle

Lets see, got married to a younger woman that loves to work. I gave her my Subaru Service Center. she has quadrupled the business plus opened more service centers. Now this is the very best part. I was put out to pasture. My job is to keep all of our toys up and at the ready so whenever she wants to drive one of her loud and fast toys(Shelby Cobra, Corvette, super charged Mercedes, 348 Ferrari spyder)just to mention a few, they are all full of gas ready to go.

Now the final piece of the equation, I get a pay check every week not for what I did but to stay away from the business for another week. They really don't want me hanging around screwing things up..

just sayin'

brasscarguy

czuch, DHeep, j-jock and 2 others like this.
  21. Was getting paid for body fluids, you know blood , sperm , and the ocassional piss for the clinic attendees
    BUT now I"m running a meth lab outta my trailer.

Oldmics

Speedwrench, czuch, j-jock and 2 others like this.
  22. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

:)

A man owned a small ranch in Montana. The Montana Work Force Department claimed he was not paying proper wages to his help and sent an agent out to interview him.

"I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them," demanded the agent when he arrived.

"Well," replied the farmer, "there's my farm hand who's been with me for 3 years. I pay him $200 a week plus free room and board. The cook has been here for 18 months, and I pay her $150 per week plus free room and board. Then there's the half-wit. He works about 18 hours every day and does about 90% of all the work around here. He makes about $10 per week, pays his own room and board, and I buy him a bottle of bourbon every Saturday night. He also sleeps with my wife occasionally."

"That's the guy I want to talk to, the half-wit," says the agent.

"You're talking to him right now, Sir," replied the rancher

23. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi blowby.That`s about par for the course for a small business owner.That`s an oldie but a goodie,and ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so true.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

j3harleys and DBruce like this.
  24. That was great, I didn't know where you were going w/it, guess that makes me a half-wit as well?

j3harleys likes this.
  25. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm a stuntman for the adult film industry. Between gigs I restore Packards and other heavy American classics. Seems to be more restoration lately, which some call professional screwing as well. Go figure...

DBruce likes this.
  26. Oilguy

Oilguy

Don't do squat for work anymore. Retired from 40 years industrial hydraulics and pneumatics. Designed drives for steel mills, food processing, paper mills, sawmills, etc. Retired from Motion Industries four years ago and have devoted my life to my cars and other hobbies. Life is good.
    Family is fun. Wish I could have dropped out earlier.

clunker and DBruce like this.
  27. I think you made it Oilguy!

28. 327Eric

327Eric

Lately, everbody elses job.

29. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

About to retire in December from Metro in Los Angeles after 26 years. I'm the design and construction Quality Manager on one of the current lightrail projects.

DBruce likes this.