Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Turn signal help

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Promotive, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Promotive

Promotive

I am wiring a 49 F1 with a new EZ Wire 12 circuit harness. It has an add on turn signal switch on the column. I need to figure out how to use this switch with my new harness. I don'thave the model of the switch in front of me but can have it tomorrow. Thanks!

2. Schwanke Engines

Schwanke Engines

The add on switches are all about the same, just look it up and wire the wires accordingly.

Sent from my XT1585 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Doesn't EZ have a tech support you can contact?

4. I'm doing my wiring right now and have the turn signal wire colors memorized..
    Purple is 12 volt feed with key on
    white is from brake light switch
    Brown is for hazard switch
    Green goes to right rear signal
    yellow goes to left rear
    Light blue is front turn signal [forget which side]
    dark blue is other side front.
    Light green and tan is for horn switch.
    Your aftermarket switch probably doesn't have the horn wires and maybe not the hazard switch.
    These are GM colors and your switch may have different colored wires. I used a GM switch mounted under my driver's seat with the handle pointing forward.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Most of those kits use the plug for a GM column. If so you could hook the switch up with the part that normally connects to the switch so you can unplug the switch. Another way would be to use a short terminal block hidden up above the column with the wires from the harness going in one side and the wires for the switch in the other side using wire connectors on each side. You can find them at boat supplies or maybe in the boat section at Walmart. That simplifies removing the switch if it goes bad and has to be replaced.

ZBoyz3 likes this.
  6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Guess I should explain that the terminal block I mentioned in post 5 looks like this but you can get the for how ever many circuits you need to hook up. 211680 terminal block.jpg

7. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Try this.

Attached Files:

8. Promotive

Promotive

Thanks for the help guys!

9. Davyj

Davyj

here is a basic diagram for an aftermarket switch, just match up the wires to what is mentioned above and have fun.....

Attached Files: