Register now to get rid of these ads!

New from Oregon

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Dixiewrecked, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Dixiewrecked

Dixiewrecked

Hello hamb fam! I have always loved classics of all kinds and today I have finally got my own project. I am 27 and live east of salem OR. The car I got is a 1957 plymouth belvedere 4 door sedan. It has the original 318 ( needs rebuilt) and 3 speed torque flight Trans. My brother in law to be is a member here and said this a cool place for info and making contacts. So I will be posting pics as I go through this car. 20170121_140610.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Welcome, good to see a young guy into old cars. Love them old Mopars and it looks to be in good shape.

lothiandon1940 and Dixiewrecked like this.
  3. Dixiewrecked

Dixiewrecked

Thank you and yes my grandpa had me around old cars from a young age... although he was a Chevy Guy I have always been drawn to mopar. The car will be a project but I'm not rich so I found one that was Straight and not completely rusted out. It's a 4 door and some people don't like that but I don't mind;)

wraymen likes this.
  4. oneratfink57

oneratfink57
    from Wisconsin

Nothing wrong with a 4 door. Especially with fins like that! Welcome to the H.A.M.B.. looks like you've got yourself a solid starter car

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Dixiewrecked likes this.

5. Dixiewrecked

Dixiewrecked

Love those fins! Thank God for the 50s.

oneratfink57 likes this.
  6. I always liked the face on those cars....massive. It will make a great custom or cruiser.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. Dixiewrecked

Dixiewrecked

Time to up date with the progress so far. I have pulled the car out of its tomb and found out more about it.... floors are gone. I believe it's a 301 with a 4bbl manifold. Got it to a place and cleaned it up. The on pic of the left front fender shows the only piece of chrome I'm missing. The lower piece along the white stripe

Attached Files:

oneratfink57 likes this.
  8. I liked the style at the time. It is as if Chrysler said, "You want fins, I'll give you fins!" Nothing the matter with the moredoor, and after you are finished and get bored, you might want to be the first guy to convert one to a 2 dr.

Dixiewrecked likes this.