Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration >>>>>Friday Art Show 08-18-2017 : Speed Week Special<<<<<

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jigger, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Let’s Go!

FLD_TRK_02b.png

LetsGo4web.jpg

WAITINGTOGO-2.jpg~original.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    David Gersic, Stogy, mctim64 and 35 others like this.
  2. GaryC.

GaryC.

Custom 1940 Ford coupe Concept40.png

scottyh, Animal, verde742 and 38 others like this.
  3. GaryC.

GaryC.

Custom coupe based on a Fiat X1/9 mid section. Fiat X1:9 Custom.png

BigO, Animal, dana barlow and 32 others like this.
  4. Loose.
    Great concept art.

[​IMG]

37coupeute, Sancho, kenmo and 19 others like this.

5. Go_Cats_rearview_32.jpg

CUSTOM49FORDP-UP.jpg

I posted this fairly recently but I tweaked it a little bit, with the addition of the due riding shotgun...

Allison_Rdster_01_4web.jpg

Stogy, mctim64, Animal and 33 others like this.
  6. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

7. Good morning, Thanks for a great start. I'll add a few for speed week. I was hoping to be there this year. But it didn't work out. Ron... 20170817_101802.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    chryslerfan55, Stogy, Sancho and 20 others like this.
  8. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

A few shots taken somewhere east of the sun and west of the moon. IMG_4774.JPG FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_1800.JPG

9. Bob, what's going on here, the waitress looks worried. Did the boss catch her smoking pot? :D

10. IT'S FRIDAY!!!! Thank you everyone. :)

Ron Funkhouser and GaryC. like this.
  11. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2017-8-18_3-30-17.png 2015
    Hello,

When school starts again sometime in August or even the standard September after Labor Day, this bus will take the local students to classes. They will be buckled in with individual shoulder harnesses and belts as this custom bus has pinpoint, multiple, disc brakes. It also has air brakes to make an immediate stop when needed. Hence, the name, “Dana Halts”…

To keep vandalism to a minimum, the tires are puncture proof. The whole rear end is a giant red lens and has hydraulic bumpers that crush when hit at a speed greater than 5 mph. It also is a big squirt gun as there will be a large gush of water on anyone that hits this bus with another vehicle. Remember those safety bumpers of years ago? Old Faithful in action…

The motor? A pancake, flat, 400 hp front mount, twin-turbocharged, Corvair motor that funnels power to all 4 wheels. Wind, rain, snow, this bus will get the kids to school…weather be damned. Truckee in the winter, ha! This bus has a drop down compartment that lays out a custom snow chain blanket to get over those rough snowy roads. No more “snow days…”

Jnaki
    (this drawing started out as a draw/write/read episode with our grand daughter in her favorite activity with us)
    A kid’s nightmare of a daily driver. “He can’t drive 55!” But, it will get you to school anyday, anytime, in any weather…boooo. Early school starts or not.

This year, August 15 was the earliest start in West Coast history…There are officially 23 days of summer left until the “normal” school starts, after Labor Day. But, at least those in school will be able to see the solar eclipse with their classmates safely. In the 50s and 60s, an August 15 school start would have been, “Murder, She Wrote…” Those early starts were for the “Jocks” only…sheesh!

For the Bonneville fanatics, put on a couple of skirts and off to the salt flats... A record run with A/C would make this bus a favorite back home.

12. Diggin' the show guys.

Here's a colorized sketch of Mouse's Rot-Eye !

[​IMG]

chryslerfan55, Stogy, BigO and 25 others like this.
  13. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg Great start as usual, good Fri. To ya all ! Thanks for the likes last week !

14. ...here's some old B'ville stuff...nice show guys...
    friday art 017.jpg friday art 050.jpg friday art 063.jpg

15. Nice start guys. I don't have anything speedweek related but I have been trying to force myself to finish at least one piece each week and also try experimenting with different media. Here's my contribution for this week, a small drawing of my falcon done in posca paint markers on black paper.
    IMG_20170813_224909.jpg
    Unfortunately the colour doesn't sow up very well in the photo but it's a bright red and white.

16. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  17. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

18. Jnaki I like your school bus ideas. My good friend Jerry Bowers drove his school bus at Bonneville. He also took my daughter to school in it too. Lol 20170818_081545.jpg 20170818_081616.jpg

chryslerfan55, Stogy, Jigger and 23 others like this.
  19. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  20. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gary...you got a fertile mind my friend...how do you think this stuff up...amazing

21. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

IMG_2667.JPG IMG_2675.JPG Here is mine for the day...great show guys

22. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Next in my "welding random crap together in the garage" series.
    Hot Rod Flying Saucer. I'll post up some finished pics later.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And a dune buggy I did back in the 80's I discovered when cleaning out the garage.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55, Stogy, Animal and 25 others like this.
  23. Gordon, very cool and fun art. You have a great imagination. Ron Brown you are one of the professionals on here. Thanks everyone for some really cool stuff! 20170818_084009.jpg

chryslerfan55, Stogy, JimC and 19 others like this.
  24. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Had to dig thru my old binder for this from before I started using ink markers...appropriate for todays theme IMG_2679.JPG

25. Inspired to draw this! 225 MPH Congrats Ronnie!
    Ronnie 225 001.jpg