Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1926/27 Roadster on an A chassis: The Sugar House Spl.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by -Brent-, Oct 28, 2015.

1. By far thee coolest thread I've seen in a while! Luv the ties to the history of the area and killer craftsmanship! Subscribed!!

kidcampbell71 and -Brent- like this.
  2. -Brent-

-Brent-

If it wasn't so close to being done, I'd probably do it. My kids love it and we all fit in it so I gotta get it done. I should be working on the roadster this fall/winter. There's so little fab to be done that by this time next year both vehicles should be running/driving. Then maybe I'll be working on the coupe.

Don't give up on me Mike! :D

Thanks, man!

3. -Brent-

-Brent-

Wow, thanks Filipe. I haven't been around the HAMB much, lately. It's kind of nice to come back and chat with the fellas.

4. zxr92

zxr92

5. Just bustin' your chops brotha! If anyone can relate to too many projects it's me, ha!

-Brent- likes this.
  6. Looking way cool.:cool::cool: JW

-Brent- likes this.
  7. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

So...this gonna be done for TROG West in March...? ;)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  8. cederholm

cederholm

Awesome build!

-Brent- likes this.
  9. -Brent-

-Brent-

It could be but I wouldn't count on it. The good news is that I've sold off A LOT of parts and projects and this one still remains. So, there's hope for it. Literally, I have 95% of the parts to put this car together but I put my foot down and committed to myself to get one project done at a time. Right now, this car isn't number one.

While I work on an OT project, my coupe is out west at Matt Seret's who will be handling the metalwork. So, so far the Sugar House Spl. sits in waiting.

10. -Brent-

-Brent-

patmanta, Tim and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  11. Darn. Always thought this thing had so much potential. But I get why it's being sold!

-Brent- and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  12. -Brent-

-Brent-

The roadster was packed into a crate and delivered to TX. From there it goes to Switzerland.

20200722_102706.jpg
    20200722_114044.jpg

20200722_114047.jpg

A few pals mentioned that I'd likely regret selling it but with no progress all those years, I'm actually happy someone else is doing something with it.

Dannerr, cactus1, Paul and 3 others like this.
  13. modified1927

modified1927

Enjoyed following your build, I have a Disassembled '26 in the barn with modified frame, quarter eliptics on the from and Model A in the rear with Franklin QC, It has been mocked up with SBF, SBC, 4 cyl. Chevy (midget style), and B motor. I get it to that point and then get weirded out by something and it get taken apart again. The body I ended up with is a '40's style modified with no turtle deck. You give me hope with all the work you did, till then I'll drive a plastic one and wish for doors

14. -Brent-

-Brent-

I hear you!

I say this about old houses all they time, they tell you what they need (when it comes to style and updating). It's true for these cars, too. Problem is, both for houses and cars, many of us think we know better. :D

With my coupe, it was personal. The car sat because I started building something I didn't really want, that wasn't really a keeper for me. Eventually, I just sold off what I didn't want/need and got on with what I wanted.

I hope you do the same!