Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Secrets of Speed Mid-States Shindig

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by spendingtheirinheritance, Jul 16, 2017.

1. silent rick

silent rick

we should have had a hamb meet and greet.

both dave's car and cass' hill climb car are gallivan twin cams. those are the patterns you saw on the bench. wasn't it awesome when they fired them up at the same time later in the day?

loudbang likes this.
  2. spendingtheirinheritance

spendingtheirinheritance

The casting patterns for the Gallivan, Rajo, and Gemsa are one in the same. I owned them for years. As the story goes they started out as Gallivans. All the research I found indicates that Joe Jagersberger(Rajo) actually designed and probably had the heads manufactured for Gallivan. After the Gallivans had so much success on the track, Jagersberger improved the design a bit by incorporating a cup rack to actuate the valves more effectively. However Jagersberger was too late because the hot ticket for Ford racers was the model A/B block cars. Jagersberger only made a few real Rajo twin cams. Joe Gemsa borrowed the patterns and produced several Rajo type twin cam model T engines and somehow modified the casting patterns to mount the twin cam heads on the A/B block. George Parker then restored the casting patterns to their original configuration. I had several castings poured and several engines have been produced. Dave Szumowski owns the patterns now. So, yes the origins of all the twin cam Model T Gemsa's Rajo's and Gallivan's are Gallivans!

Stu D Baker, loudbang and Fordors like this.