Register now to get rid of these ads!

Identify this Edmunds Straight 8 intake?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by alsancle, Jun 22, 2007.

1. alsancle

alsancle

Well, there is a guy over in the Packard forum that thinks this will fit on the small Packard 8. Right now on ebay is this manifold which the guy says is Pontiac - and it doesn't look much like mine. Maybe it will work on both. Anyways, here is Pontiac one for sale:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...e=ADME:L:RTQ:US:1&viewitem=&item=300130234015

Attached Files:

2. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

The Ebay intake fits a Pontiac six.

3. alsancle

alsancle

With four intake ports I would think 8, no?

4. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

Wrong. Pontiac flathead sixes had four intake ports, the outer ports feeding one cylinder and the inner ports feeding two. 1952-64 Ford OHV sixes used a similar arrangement.

5. Like I said on the first page if it's Pontiac I'll send a check. you PM me a price? unless you have a need for it!

6. alsancle

alsancle

I guess you learn something new every day. I should probably tell the guy selling it as he has it labeled as an "8".

7. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

I finally got a photo of the Edmunds Intake my post's #16-17 -18 this is the one i sold

[​IMG]

I was told it was a Buick when i bought it. This was a real nice piece, like a piece of Art.

28" long i think, it has 3 mounting studs for each carb

The guy i sold it to, thought it was Pontiac or Packard & not a Buick, that the one i thought it was all along. Hope i didn't blow it

8. alsancle

alsancle

I've been leaning towards Pontiac for a while. A previous poster indicated both 3 & 4 bolt carb mounts were available which would explain that difference. A guy in the Packard forum says that it would work on the small Packard block with a bit of machine work too. Thanks for the picture.

9. UHVBOB

UHVBOB

I'll buy it now, what's the price? UHVBOB

10. UHVBOB

UHVBOB

UHVBOB is an unknown quantity at this point
    Default Re: Identify this Edmunds Straight 8 intake?
    I'll buy it now, what's the price? UHVBOB

11. Eddiesixem

Eddiesixem

damn ....i wasnt even sure they made a dual manifold for a pontaic flat 8, hey,you should sell it to me .......haha

12. alsancle

alsancle

Old thread, but today was my birthday and my dad gave me the manifold that we were talking about. He buffed it and found a bunch of numbers. I remember that somebody had posted a picture of a Edmunds catalog, but those pictures have disappeared. Anyways, here are the numbers on the back. Can anybody decipher?

Attached Files:

13. alsancle

alsancle

Just so you don't have to go back to the first post in this thread. Here is the intake.

[​IMG]