Register now to get rid of these ads!

degreaser- Simple Green?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sgtlethargic, Dec 1, 2007.

1. 6inarow

6inarow

Will dilute Muriatic acid ruin aluminum castings?

2. they have this stuff at the dollar store called AWESOME! and that stuff works great. i use it to "de-funk" food proccessing machines. cleaned a packaging machine yesterday and the the crap was running down the sides,brown streaks similar to cleaning a smokers car out.

3. I used Greased Lightening on my 56 Chrysler motor. I was very pleased with it and no smell. Bruce.

4. evintho

evintho

There are 2 kinds of A/C coil cleaner:
    Evaporator coil cleaner = water based and
    Condenser coil cleaner = acid based.

You probably want to go with the Evap coil cleaner!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  5. I have been using Simple Green, I will give this a try.

6. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Revived old thread but Purple Power works good for degreasing as well. Simple green on hands feels harsher then PP.

7. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

^^^^^^^^^
    Somehow last sentence does'nt sound right.:)

Bugguts and 6inarow like this.
  8. vintage6t

vintage6t
    from CT

Here in New England, I buy this stuff at Ocean State Job Lots. Found it to be much better at cutting heavy grease than Simple Green or Purple.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

lothianwilly71 likes this.
  9. I think i will try some simple green.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  10. I will check homedepo for this.

11. Simple green is good stuff. But wear your safety glasses when using it. I got a small splash in my eye a few years back and that eye was half blurry for hours. Scared the crap outa me.

12. I been using super clean lately.

13. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Brake cleaner, aerosol cans. Works great, cuts through any grease or oil, dries quickly.

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  14. Simple Green here. I just got a fresh gallon at Ace. I used Krud Kutter on the bottom of my Ford when I got it home. Sprayed it on, waited 10 minutes and hit it with a pressure washer. I still think SG might top it.

15. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

Many moons ago I used to get the grease out/off my work clothes by putting a big glob of hand cleaner in with the load of work laundry, then I got married, and all of a sudden I did not know shit about doing laundry.

HemiDeuce and lothiandon1940 like this.
  16. SUSQ

SUSQ

Sometimes too good. I used it to clean around the dials on my kitchen stove in my prior house. Took all the markings right off! Wife never noticed . . . . . .

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  17. afaulk

afaulk

years ago......many years ago I had a detail shop. When I closed the shop I had part of a drum of degreaser "Super Tuff". Because it is so expensive in the little spray bottles, when I ran out, I bought another drum. That was probably 12 years ago. I think it was $155 for 55 gal. also, I cut it 50% with water and it seems to work the same. If you have room to store it, buying from a supplier for detail shops will save you money, even if you only buy a 5 gal. can.