Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Dave Stuckey's funeral service information

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by straykatkustoms, Jul 20, 2017.

1. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dave's memorial service is Saturday, August 5 at 1:00. It will be held at Midway Baptist Church at 5135 South Broadway. The obituary should be in the Eagle tomorrow and Wednesday. See ya guys this weekend.

2. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Cool story, cool cars. damn, he even looked cool.
    So sorry to hear of his passing.
    I built the Lil Coffin so many times I had skeletons by a lot of my cars when I was a youte..

3. aircap

aircap

About 300 attended the service for Dave on Saturday afternoon. They had a nice display of trophies, awards, model kits, and photos of Dave to honor his memory. They even had his "King of the Mercs" jacket out front. Before and after the service they had family pictures, shop photos, and pix of many of the cars that Dave worked on showing on two big screens in the sanctuary. His last wife and Jerry Titus spoke a bit, and even the pastor had a couple funny stories about Dave. It was a fitting tribute to Dave and what he meant to those gathered. Outside in the Kansas sun, a large number of kustoms and rods were displayed in the parking lot and along the entry to the church. Among the many cars were the 1965 Pontiac Dave once owned. Hub Harness drove his kustom El Camino. Of course, plenty of Ford coupes and other modded cars were on display. Maybe someone else who attended would be kind enough to post pix of some of the cars that were there. Anyway - I think we gave Dave a good sendoff.

catdad49, abe lugo, Tim and 6 others like this.
  4. frank spittle

frank spittle

Can't help but wonder what will happen with his current "Li'l Coffin" project.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  5. ^ I thought about that too......

6. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was told the guy from Springfield, Mo. that built the Little Koffin clone was going to finish it. I think his name is Ron Kilmer. I was hoping it would get finished the way Stuckey had wanted it. If Ron is the man, it will be kool.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    Moriarity, stanlow69 and Sancho like this.
  7. frank spittle

frank spittle

That is good news. I stayed in touch with Dave over the last 10 years because we were both interested in where the Kandy Kart '58 Impala was and it's condition. I purchased it from Pat Mulligan, the guy Dave built it for, in 1974, about 10 years after it was built. It still looked good then. I sold it a couple years later. I don't believe I have ever had a car that got the attention it did. I always asked about the progress on the Coffin. He was as excited about that car as any he had done in my opinion.

catdad49, stanlow69 and Sancho like this.
  8. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Met him in Salina during the leadsled show, We were in Mcdonalds and this guy came asking about my car . He had his grand daughter with him. When he said Dave Stuckey I about flipped. Real humble nice guy.

9. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dave was a very humble guy and enjoyed visitors. 2009 we dropped by his shop after the Starliner show. He was overwhelmed seeing all of the kustoms in his parking lot. Jimmy took these pics...

STARLINER 282.jpg

STARLINER 283.jpg

gsnort, catdad49, OG lil E and 2 others like this.
  10. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

11. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

12. aircap

aircap

It was never boring in Dave's shop....

13. Can't believe I missed his passing, late prayers for the family.