Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Otto Crocker's Heuer

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ryan, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

Otto Crocker's Heuer

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Lazy A, billyt, 302GMC and 6 others like this.
  2. Danekejt

Danekejt
    from Pa

Old shit is just cool…

Nailed it and MOST definitely!!!!

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I wrote this one a couple of months ago and forgot about it until published this morning... Man... I really want to make an Otto Crocker watch. I have amateur skills in watchmaking - I've restored a buddy's rolex and have "modded" some Seikos... But this is a project that would take some real talent and expertise. Some day I will make this happen with the right partner.

Lazy A likes this.
  4. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

That watch is super cool! So did he offer the watch to you?

5. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

You might want to try contacting Jessups & Sons or Jessups Jewelers in San Diego as they have been in business for well over 100 years and are the high end shop for watches. I think that they also provided timing gear for yacht races for the San Diego Yacht Club.

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

These kinds of watches are quite often worth more than any car I own even if they have no history. Collecting vintage watches of this caliber is reserved for the super rich I'm afraid.

7. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

Isn't that the sad truth. While I'm no advocate against the Internet, it has helped to propel a lot of items into the stratosphere of worth. Things that would've have been on fewer peoples radar before, become hot commodities.

8. Cool old stuff, with a connection to racing heritage makes for a great Monday morning post. Thanks Ryan.

9. I was lucky enough to sit for a while in the SCTA timing stand once, and watch Otto operate his timing equipment, and dad and I did course layout once at El Mirage, and helped Otto with sitting up the speed trap at the end of the course. He was a very serious man, dedicated to the job at hand. He did it for the love of time, and could have cared less about any accolades for the job he did. I would say your post is totally in keeping with the spirit of the HAMB Ryan.

scrapiron, loudbang, HEMI32 and 2 others like this.
  10. That´s such a cool piece. A black dial just says 'business´.

11. A gorgeouse piece of history. A "Crocker" Heuer watch is as unique and pricey as a Crocker motorcycle! Both are pieces of hotrod, wheeled history. I think Steve Mc Queen used the same ( or close to it ) Heuer watch.