Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Help! Swingout windshield mechanism Plymouth 1935

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lissjos, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Lissjos

Lissjos

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Trying to figure out if I have correct mechanism for a '35 Plymouth, and how it's bolted? Any suggestions? Anyone have a car to take a photo of it?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. BobPer

BobPer

It should bolt to the cowl under the windshield. You should be able to work it, and adjust it to work the windshield, AND THEN when satisfied, install the dash to cover it up, and hopefully the crank lines up. Yours looks like the windshield bracket is broken off the end of the tape/blade. Hope that helps, Bob
    upload_2017-8-6_8-44-36.png
    upload_2017-8-6_8-45-36.png

3. Lissjos

Lissjos

Thank you Bob! That is exactly what I needed to see. I will try if it bolts up like that when I get the body from storage. It looks like there's a shorter shaft on mine, and mirrored? But yours a '36 right?

[​IMG]

4. bct

bct

Looks the same as my 36 . My strap is kinked tho in the same spot yours is broken.

5. BobPer

BobPer

Mine is 36. Yours doesn't appear mirrored to me. 36 is splinned shaft for handle whereas your appears square. I'm not sure what years were different. They all pretty much function the same. Glad to help, Bob

6. Lissjos

Lissjos

Thanks guys. I think I'll figure it out now.