Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1961 Impala drop top B/B found in (pole) barn

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LowKat, Jun 13, 2015.

1. RamJet1

RamJet1

Works for me. Awesome finds and work! Love the Impala, love the '58!

2. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

very cool car congratulations:)

LowKat likes this.
  3. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

very nice!

LowKat likes this.
  4. Gman0046

Gman0046

Mark, that 58 looks pretty good to me. I'd be happy as a pig in shit if it were mine. Wheels and tires will make all the difference in the world. I'd ditch the flames which should be fairly easy to do. Good luck with your new project. Keep us posted on your progress.

Gary

5. RamJet1

RamJet1

Excellent! Now looking forward to your subtle improvements. Congrats on getting it home.

loudbang and LowKat like this.
  6. kidcampbell71 and loudbang like this.
  7. jimdillon

jimdillon

You did a great job on the Impala, but the Vette looks like a good addition. I for one really like the 58s-cool car. Wishing you and your wife the best on her fight. I spent pretty much all of 2009 fighting through four surgeries on two different forms of cancer. Hope and pray she continues to do well.

8. elgringo71

elgringo71

I like the 58 a lot. You used to see seats like that a lot. It would be great for you to be able to enjoy it with your wife just like in the old days.

Best wishes for your wife. It sounds like things are going in a positive direction.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  9. Sold the Impala yesterday.
    It went to a cool guy in central California that is going to restore it.
    01 AWAYDSC00096 zzz.jpg

I'll pick up the Vette in the next few days when the owner returns from vacation.
    Checked the VIN and found out it's #00026.
    Made in September of 1957 on the first day of '58 production.
    DSC09811.JPG

Kept the Torque Thrust wheels off the Impala to put on the Vette.
    DSC08149.JPG

Found a 1956-1960 license plate in my junk and the perfect frame for the Corvette

DSC00193.JPG

enloe, OahuEli, elgringo71 and 4 others like this.
  10. greaser

greaser

Cool stuff Mark! Sad to see the Impala leave, but excited to see what you do with the Vette.

LowKat likes this.
  11. The Impala was a great car but bigger than what I like and I didn't like the color combo. It deserves the restoration it's going to get.

The Vette isn't a trailer queen. Built in the 70's as a show car and has been driven plenty since. Has 44 year old paint and the wrong engine but is a good running, solid lifter 327.

I'm kinda kicking around building a factory stock looking dual quad 409 for it. I have two desirable Chev engines I could sell to help finance a 409 build. An L-79 327 and a Z-28 302.

Gonna just drive it for now.

12. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

A 409 would look really cool in that engine bay. As for the engines you're selling, I didn't even know 302's were still around, haven't seen one in ages.

13. I've had it for at least 35 years.

Bought it at a wrecking yard on an Indian reservation in SoCal. They had no idea what it was but wanted an extra $10 over their normal $40 engine core price because it had "cool" valve covers.

14. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

So it is on to the next chapter.
    Looking forward to the corvette updates and praying for a full recovery for your wife.

OahuEli and enloe like this.
  15. elgringo71 and kidcampbell71 like this.