Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Who has used Dave's small body HEI's?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stude350guy, Jul 26, 2017.

1. I’m thinking about using DAVE's small-body HEI’s to rebuild my points distributor as I do not have space for a regular sized HEI distributor.

Have any of you all used Dave’s and if you have, are you happy with the results? What kind of coil did you use with it?

Thanks for your info on small body HEI’s and coils!

2. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

I don't know about Dave's, But I've used maybe 3 or 4 cheap small cap HEIs off eBay and have had good luck with all of them.. Maybe I'm just lucky...

3. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

I am using one of his distributors. Yes, I'm pretty happy with it. It works and looks pretty good. I'm using a an unknown brand 12-volt distributor I had setting around the garage.

4. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I have not seen these . Does anyone have a picture of them?

5. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

6. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

7. I'm using an eBay special myself and so far so good. Has an external coil and old type cap. I don't have a ton of room at the firewall either. Think the whole works ran me $125. Below is the link to the seller, if you don't like what he has he'll make up something for you.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/SMALL-BLOCK...648365?hash=item2c70992f6d:g:1CAAAMXQVT9S6Z-A

This is the distributor by itself. The wires he sells are nice. I'm using an external chrome coil he sells.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHEVY-Small...210362?hash=item2c7177623a:g:0p4AAOxyYSJSArid

scrap metal 48 likes this.
  8. models916

models916

Dave knows what he's doing. I would have no reservations about using one of his distributors!

9. Thanks, all. Good info, will be contacting Dave.