Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration A thought......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roseville carl, Jul 29, 2017.

1. !cid_0039C23921D64478B4D6338DFD7B48FC@livepast673b7a.jpg

50 years ago today,

You would have been 50 years old today. We would have celebrated your birthday in such great fashion. However that was not meant to be. Today we will go to the lake and remember, remember all the great times we had together, all the thoughts and dreams we shared, all the hopes and aspirations we so looked forward to. I will never forget the first time I saw you and thought of all the things we could do together, the happiness in the hospital corridor, bringing you home in the 57, watching Mom and you in our apartment for the first time. Seeing the look on my fathers face the first time he held you. The very same look you had on your face with the birth of your son. These things I will cherish till I too depart this world. For you see my son you will always be on my mind and in my heart. Not a day goes by that I do not think of you. We talked at length about taking the cars to car shows and races together, we never got a chance to do that. However you are by my side at each and every race I run, and you will always be with me. It has been over six years now but you will never fade far from my heart or my thoughts. Miss you my son.
    Mike n 56.jpg

Yes you would have been 50 today, but that was not to be, and now you will be remembered as "forever 43" may you rest in peace.............Love Dad
    DSC02027.JPG

National Suicide Hotline............. Call 1-800-273-8255

HemiDeuce, RICH B, Stogy and 9 others like this.
  2. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

I don't know what to say. I'm at a loss for words and I'm no good at these things but I feel so bad for you. I'm sorry, no parent should ever have to bury a child, it's just not the natural order of things. Now I need a Kleenex.

3. Very sorry. He was a year younger than myself. Hits hard to hear of your grief.

lothiandon1940, els and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. Wow! Such a nice thing for you to tell us about your son. I can tell from the wording your hurting today. I salute you for expressing this to a hundred thousand people. I'm sure son is just as proud of you as your are of him. Myself I like it when my son calls are text. You Sir are a good father. I hope all goes well the rest of the day.

els and chryslerfan55 like this.

5. Sorry for your loss.:(

lothiandon1940 and els like this.
  6. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I read your post every year. It never gets easier to read. God bless.

7. slim38

slim38
    from Sudan TX
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Damn, who's cutting onions over here. In all sincerity, I can't imagine going through that. I hope y'all have a blast at lake. God Bless

Hombre and els like this.
  8. Steve Ray

Steve Ray

So sorry for your loss.

I turned 50 this year. I've battled depression for most of my adult life but it's been only a few years now that I've sought aggressive treatment. Asking for help was the hardest thing I ever did but it was worth it.

National Suicide Hotline............. Call 1-800-273-8255

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    slim38, Budget36, Hombre and 2 others like this.
  9. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There is nothing I can say that will help you but keep in mind that there are a bunch of people thinking about you and your son today.

10. slowmotion

slowmotion

11. els

els

Thank you for sharing this again. And thank you for letting us be a part of the great memories.

Hombre, lothiandon1940 and Steve Ray like this.
  12. Take some comfort in knowing that we're thinking of you and would do what we could to bear a fraction of your pain for you.

els, lothianwilly71, Hombre and 2 others like this.
  13. My oldest daughter is 50. I cannot imagine what it would be like to loose her. My hear goes out to you Carl. Wonderful tribute.

els, lothiandon1940 and Hombre like this.
  14. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am saddened by your loss Carl. I go to bed every night with the same prayer that my children are safe, healthy and happy. Your post has touched me and I am so sorry for your loss.

els, lothiandon1940 and Hombre like this.
  15. Hombre

Hombre

Carl, Wish there was a way to take this pain for you, even for just a short while. Sadly it doesn't work that way, You and all of your family are with me today and will remain in my thoughts.

Tell us all a good story about your boy, Carl. You know the one, the one that makes you laugh the hardest. Funny, silly doesn't matter just a good story.

16. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Carl for sharing such an incredibly painful and tragic memory. Hopefully we all will take a moment to make sure those we love know just how much we love them and how important they are to not only us but to everyone they come in contact with.

els and lothiandon1940 like this.
  17. Budget36

Budget36

I've not been here very long, but do seem to find your post once a year, as I've said in the past, I hope your pain decreases with time.
    You're a good man, Carl.

els and lothiandon1940 like this.
  18. First off let me say that we just got back from the lake and had a wonderful time remembering and sharing. Got back home and turned on the HAMB and WOW saw Steve Ray's response, and that my friends is exactly what this is all about. Steve keep your spirits high as there are more people out there who care for you than you will ever know. If you ever need someone to talk to feel free to contact me. I feel like I know you now...... or would like to know you anyway. Hell if you ever make it to Eagle Field for the races, or Sacramento way just look me up!!!
    To all that respond to this post, me and my Family wish you all the happiness in this world and thank you for your good will. A few of my sons favorite things.......a Bud, chocolate cake and Cheerio's (the cake would be on his Cheerio's the next morning after his birthday)..........
    mikes 50th.jpg

mctim64, Bandit Billy, els and 5 others like this.
  19. jeffd1988

jeffd1988

Sorry sir for your loss. you sir are a strong person to live through it and being strong all the way thru I do like how you put forever 43 that is neat and in your heart that is special. always remember forever the better days those won't ever be a loss

Sent from my Z981 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

els likes this.
  20. So sorry for your loss, I too feel your pain and sorrow.
    Keith

els likes this.
  21. We lost our son at 29. Same cause of death. It gets easier to bear, but the pain and the "what ifs" remain

els likes this.