Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Roger Foehringer's '29 Phaeton

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ryan, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

Roger Foehringer's '29 Phaeton

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  2. Cool car. Looks good in motion, that's a nice video.
    How was that shot? It's a damn steady shoot.....

3. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Neat,I like the car,pretty cool over all for sure. Yet ,I really don't care for any from of patina as a finish myself . Still looks like ton of fun.

loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Great car, great finish, and especially love the 60 it fits the engine compartment perfectly
    Oh and every other element
    Bad thing, it's not in my driveway, but I don't have a concrete driveway and it would get dirty on my gravel driveway

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Video even! Rad car, I'd love to see the rear suspension mentioned.

6. brady1929

brady1929

7. flatford39

flatford39

I was luck enough to see this car in person. It's everything you think it is and more. It's a really well assembled car for the time.

Petejoe likes this.
  8. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow! Total old time machine. Very cool combo. Thanks for posting it.

9. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Damn that's cool.

10. Very cool! Sounds and looks great. I'd also love to see an underbody shot. I'd love to see the rear set up as well as the column shift setup as I'm putting a column shift in my 29 phaeton. :)

11. I love it and I'm not even a Phaeton kind of guy.

lothianwilly71 and bowie like this.
  12. froghawk

froghawk

13. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Love phaetons.
    This one is right out of the 40's. Man it's just titts!!
    That engine rumble melts my heart. Finish is perfect.

14. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

I have seen it and it's a great old hot rod with cool details all over and Rodger is a great guy and a true hotrodder

15. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I also like the '40 column shift, but couldn't help noticing the '52-'56 Ford swing pedals. Obviously a 'retrofit' later, to correct a 'space situation' down by the clutch linkage/shift rods in the close confines of a narrow '29.
    My tub's a '27, wanted to put a '40 column shift in behind my flathead...but the 'T leaves' NO room for pedals and column linkage! Hmmm...'T Leaves'. Maybe I should consult them. :p

PhredH likes this.
  16. Xtrom

Xtrom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Forman, ND

Damnit I need a phaeton!

17. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Normally, I'd agree. But THIS one gets a pass. Looks to be a well taken care of time capsule. I bet on a closer look, there's a ton of knowledge built into that "tub".

dana barlow likes this.
  18. That fits the bill perfectly. Thanks for posting that Ryan, it put a smile on a bad day!

19. Captain Ned

Captain Ned
    from Vermont

That is a car in which I would be proud to drive the family over Vermont's dirt roads on a sunny Sunday. Might even stop at a creemee stand or three along the way.

20. Damn, that's nice! My kind of hot rod. Thank's for sharing...

21. 1931 black coupe

1931 black coupe
    from Elgin, IL.

proud to say Roger is my neighbor and a very good friend. he absolutely loves this car and has a special name for it. it was not anywhere close to running or driving when he got it, but as he is so very good a doing....well the video speaks for itself. a classic hot rod brought back from the ashes. I'd also like to add he has helped me create my own AV8 in ways I could have never accomplished without his help. congratulations brother for the recognition this car and your abilities deserve. next stop "Iron Invasion!!"

22. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lucky guy...;)...thanks Roger and Ryan for sharing the wayback Hotrod. Certainly would love to have it in my cruising stable.

23. fortynut

fortynut

That period of time, on into the early thirties was the golden age for a more refined version, if you will, of the bigger and taller touring cars of the previous year era where roads were rutted quite deep and travel meant dust and mud --- depending on the location you lived in and how well maintained the roads were. Pictures of cross country races in the teens are eye openers to the conditions. Then, America became more dependent on cars and trucks. Voters demand for better roads and the burgeoning automobile industry came together and presto fixo. People who drove went for Sunday drives and open cars were 'the' choice to not only see the world but be in it. And, of course, to be seen. This one has to be a driver, to me. You just tool along in a car like this and thumb your nose at the world.

Stogy likes this.
  24. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Like something that drove right out of those old movies a couple nights ago. Way kool...

25. MJW

MJW
    from NJ
    1. PA. NJ. local HAMBERS group

Of course I like it. Especially as a V8 60 is on my list too. I have the column shift with the 40 steering wheel waiting to go in too.

26. flamingokid

flamingokid

It doesn't get more traditional than that!

27. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

IMG_0890.JPG Here is mine with a flat motor and column shift in my 29 , with a 40 steering wheel.

28. fortynut

fortynut

A V8 60 & V12 Lincoln have amazing similarities. The latter is smooth running but from working on one, not something to send a postcard home about in terms of power, even from an 85 horse. Wonder what the cruising around cool would be like with one shoe horned in a phaeton? Once upon a time an old poet said things like that were high zoot. Now I have an itch I doubt I'll ever be able to scratch. Now, see what y'all done!

29. Roger Roadster

Roger Roadster

Thank you all for your comments, It sure is fun to drive and see the looks on peoples faces!