Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The long process of finding a project car and adventures of the new guy.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RaginPin3Appl3, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Ide keep the 6 in it for a while. Theres plenty of aftermarket for them and even speed parts too. Plus it separates yours from the rest of the tri-fives with 350s.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

2. ... Heck yeah! ... get that sucker home and running ... you'll have a blast with that in-liner and 3 on the tree ...

3. RaginPin3Appl3

RaginPin3Appl3

I did see it in person, talked to the guy who's selling it, he's legit, he said he'll add 300 bucks to the price and deliver it, so it's 1800 technically. do you think i'd be able to flip it? I want to get it running and do an engine swap, cruise it for a year or 2 and get a 2 door, so is 1500 that good of a deal for it? if so i'll tell the guy to deliver it asap.

4. RaginPin3Appl3

RaginPin3Appl3

I'll think about it. I've never had a v8 car before, just 6 cyls, and i want a bit of a sleeper so either way i'll probably find a cheap small block for it. Plus it will up the resale value when i decide to sell.

5. A running '57 Chevy for $1800? Are you joking or stalling or what? It's a good deal. You like the coral color, I see! Deluxe heater, minimal rust, and an uncut dash are good things off the bat. Even better is the car hasn't been taken apart. even the door panel stainless is still there.

lothiandon1940 and koolkemp like this.
  6. RaginPin3Appl3

RaginPin3Appl3

Not running currently, but complete at least. Alright i'll have the guy bring it on over

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

1935streetrod and Chrisbcritter like this.
  7. RaginPin3Appl3

RaginPin3Appl3

The plan is the 57 is getting delivered next weekend. Theres a problem though... i only have room for one car and the lady with the 57 ford 2 door sedan said that since it doesn't start, she'd take 1000 for it... its pretty tempting to ditch the belair and just get the ford especially since it has 2 doors and i'm assuming a v8....

koolkemp likes this.
  8. RaginPin3Appl3

RaginPin3Appl3

She's wanting a grand for each of these [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  9. A grand each? Jackpot !

slv63 likes this.
  10. RaginPin3Appl3

RaginPin3Appl3

I know! I think i'm going to try to get the chevy and ford, i do have a single car garage and an extra driveway so one of the 2 would have to stay outside which i don't want to have to do, but this is too good of a deal to pass it up. The lady said the ford ran recently but now it just clicks when you turn the key. Probably a really easy fix, i was thinking battery or starter.

11. I would suggest checking both the battery and starter wires for corrosion before changing them. If all you need to do is clean them you're good to go.

12. flatford39

flatford39

That black 57 Ford Custom is the one you want. That's a smoking deal. I wouldn't even deal with the 4 door Chevy at this point.

Get the 57 Ford Custom in your garage ASAP.

clunker likes this.
  13. Hard to believe it from me, perhaps. But get both Fords! Build the best one you can. Sell the rest off for profit probably. As long as we aren't looking at Bondo. Offer the 1500 or whatever that one takes.

slv63 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  14. RaginPin3Appl3

RaginPin3Appl3

I already had told the guy with the belair that i'd take it and i'd feel bad turning him down now. I'll try to find a way to get the ford home, i'm about to get extremely busy with work and then school starts in a couple weeks but i'll see what i can do.

15. koolkemp

koolkemp

Leave it a 4 door and have fun with it! Here a 57 sedan that solid would be over 5 grand. Here's my first car I got in 1979 when I was 14, after I had it on the road in 1982 and I sold it in '97 . I learned so much with that car and drove it everywhere for a long time. Have fun with it and drive the wheels off it! If you can score the Fords flip them to find the Chevy, that's what I would try to do .

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.[​IMG]

chryslerfan55 and RaginPin3Appl3 like this.
  16. Grab both Fords. If it was close to me I'd buy them in a flash.

1935streetrod and chevy57dude like this.
  17. VTjunk

VTjunk

Skip the Chevy. That Ford sedan could be really sweet.
    ford-custom-300-1957-2.jpg

18. The Fords are a great buy. You don't see them as often as a 57 Chevy. The black 300 would be the one to build. It would be a keeper.

It looks like the paint on it would polish up and be presentable too.

chevy57dude likes this.
  19. RaginPin3Appl3

RaginPin3Appl3

Alright here's the plan. I'm getting the chevy for sure, the title is in order and the seller has no problem delivering it. The fords i have to wait for 1) a good time to go look at it and I'm extremely busy right now and 2) i have to wait for the seller to get paperwork in order because it's a deceased man's car. Anyone ever dealt with that?

20. Watching and waiting! When do you expect to take delivery on the Chev? Those Fords could be flipped the second you get them. You may end up ahead on the 3 cars if you play it right. Keep the best one and sell the others.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  21. RaginPin3Appl3

RaginPin3Appl3

Chevy should be here this weekend or early next week, the fords i'm waiting to hear back from the lady selling them. They are 2 hrs away so i have to find a day to go look at them

koolkemp and chevy57dude like this.
  22. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

First of all, there's nothing wrong with a 4 door, although a 57 Chevy 4 door hardtop has a much better roof line. Yes, some guys did build 4 doors, back in the day.

57 Sport Sedan Jr Stocker 2.jpg 57 Sport Sedan Jr Stocker.jpg 57 Jr. Stocker.jpg Dad's Photos 038.jpg J Stock 55 Chevy.jpg 64 Nova.png

I bought a 77 Buick from a deceased owner. The title had to be signed by the next of kin, and I had to have a copy of the deceased owner's death certificate. This was in Illinois, in about 2007. Just check your local DMV to be sure.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    chevy57dude and chryslerfan55 like this.
  23. RaginPin3Appl3

RaginPin3Appl3

Perfect, yeah this is also in Illinois so i'll make sure i get all the paperwork if it all works out

24. [​IMG]
    Refresher from the last page. CLR to the rescue!

25. RaginPin3Appl3

RaginPin3Appl3

It's already rustoleum'd. Needs a new coat :p

26. I am not someone to tell someone else what to do, but since you just got a car- you have a lot of work to do. Whether a great deal or a poor deal, you don't need another car.
    What I found due to my own financial position, is that if you try to flip something and can't afford to hold onto it for a long time, it isn't worth it. If you think that you will need a single dollar from the money you are purchasing the other cars for within the next months, you should just focus on keeping your money in parts and tools.
    Have fun with the four door- I see a very promising custom if you go that route.

27. RaginPin3Appl3

RaginPin3Appl3

I'm pretty much just going to take it as it comes. I'd like to have a 57 ford as well since it's so cheap, but if i don't get it no big deal, as it isn't one of my bucket list cars. I do however really have to have a 57 150 or 210 2 door post some day, and this 4 door could be a perfect donor for if i find a 2 door roller. Plus i'll learn the ins and outs of tri fives, and might even make a buck on it if i decide to sell it in a year or 2. Either way i'm only into it for 1800 bucks, and i could probably make more than that just selling parts from it.

Plans for the car are as follows:

Get the brakes gone through, get the 235 running, or if it doesnt run get a 350 for it, once it runs i'll start on body work. It's just a cheapo 4 door so i'm not going to do a whole lot besides fill a couple spots and paint it. If it still has the 235 at that point i'll find a v8 for it. Either way it's getting a v8, paint, and a slight rake. Havent decided if it's gonna be a rubber rake, or if i'm gonna cut the coils. Hell i'm not even gonna worry about hubcaps or interior. Steelies and mexican blankets are just fine in my book.

28. I would buy all three. Of course im a hoarder and already have over 200 vehicles. And I have the means to fetch them home. And I still think 57 fords are ugly from the front. The headlights are just so wrong. But if they got good titles the price is really low. Himn? how far are those Fords from Cario Ill? I just might buy them if you decide to not buy them!

29. ... you get the Chevy hauled home? ...

chevy57dude likes this.
  30. RaginPin3Appl3

RaginPin3Appl3

It'll be here friday morning at 9.

Texas36, 1935streetrod and enloe like this.