Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Conundrum

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wizeguy, Sep 5, 2016.

1. A Boner

A Boner

image.png I would market it as a sports car- road racer project. No need to replace all the fancy missing parts.....just patch the fiberglass and up grade the chassis and engine.

How much you want?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  2. burl

burl
    from Minnesota

62 vette 3.JPG Find somebody that wants a matching numbers start and sell it.It will be worth more to them than anybody else.The first gen corvettes haven't seemed to hold their value as well as others.the one in the attached picture is one we found and was acquired.Unfortunaly it had many issues from sitting like it did for 20 some years.Getting it running and driving again ended up costing a lot of money but at least everything was there to start with.If you have to purchase missing pieces the prices are crazy and restoration cost will out weigh the potential value of the finished project.

Baron and volvobrynk like this.
  3. Another one here in the DO NOT PART THAT CAR OUT!!! camp. Yes, I'm shouting.

kiwijeff likes this.
  4. So let us know when you list it on Ebay for those that might be interested!

volvobrynk likes this.
  5. Parting that out will result in less in your pocket and more headaches for you. Being numbers matching and original low miles is all you need to state in an ad and the Corvette guys will be fighting to see who has the deeper pockets. Yes it needs a lot of work, but you have the good parts for a nice sale.

Just sell it for as much as you can, and then use that money to get the hot rod parts you want.

volvobrynk likes this.
  6. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

I agree, let us know when you get ready to post it

7. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

HAving done several complete Corvette restorations, i can say i've done worse.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    volvobrynk and kiwijeff like this.
  8. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

Yes, please tell us if and when you list it. I can't buy it as I can't afford a car and a divorce. That car would cost me half of everything I own.:p

volvobrynk likes this.
  9. 66L-79

66L-79

That car has GASSER written all over it.

10. I was actually thinking street brawler.

Although I have heard that sometimes you can find race weight bodies for those pretty reasonable and that would be the way to go with it if you were serious about the gasser deal. ;)

volvobrynk likes this.
  11. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Somebody tell us what its worth, I dont really have a clue. Does anyone here truly have a honest idea?

12. Uneducated guess: $15-$18,000, judging on e-pay bidding
    on similar cars w/o pedigree like this one.
    I only had one, a 1962 fuelie without the injection unit.
    Got it in 1970 for about $800. sold it in 1972 for $1500.
    Note: I never look in the rear view mirror! I don't care
    what it's worth today!
    I say put it out for $20,000 and see.
    Anybody else with a neck longer than mine?

volvobrynk and low budget like this.
  13. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Pull everything you want out and sell it to me. I'd put a blown 440 Mopar in that thing in a heartbeat!!!

14. ^^^^^^^^^^^
    That seems like the best guess. Put it up for sale on Ebay with a $15-18k reserve, make sure you research payments etc., there's a lot of scams to watch out for. From what I have read Paypal is dicey, cashier's checks can take a week to verify, some sellers insist on wiring money, maybe someone here has experience with the options. With Ebay your able to sell to a worldwide audience. That just sounds like trusting the sheik that keeps emailing me with business proposals...

If someone here on HAMB is willing to do a trade then I would say that's the best choice, if you have a car sitting there with a signed title from a person who would be raked over the internet coals of HAMB if they f'ed you over, I would say that's pretty safe and the best possible outcome. Some of these dudes have 20 cars, and are only excited by the next project, (kind of like a rock star who sleeps with one super model after the other. Cindy, I'm tired of that mole...) Put it in the for sale section as a trade. Wish I had something that one of these apes would want, the best and most interesting cars in the world are built by the people right here in the HAMB.

Run it up the flag pole see if anyone salutes.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  15. Solidaxel

Solidaxel

Well what happened with the Corvette?
    Who makes " Corvette race car " bodies, or bodies to fit a Corvette chassis?

16. Yea,
    This bump got me wondering what happened also!
    What happened?

17. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

I was wondering, if it was so 'valuable' and desirable for any Corvette lover,,, how come he got it so cheap? And why didn't the original owner peddle it on: ebay, Craigs, and every other sales site?
    Value is only what crosses into your hand.