Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical VALSPAR TRACTOR PAINT

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by rdynes01, Jul 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdynes01

rdynes01
    from colorado

It always amazes me how far from the original post some threads seem to wander and how useless they get to be.

2. leon bee

leon bee

I always figured it was called conversation.

Cosmo49 and Bandit Billy like this.
  3. rdynes01

rdynes01
    from colorado

Thankfully I did get the information I was looking for so I guess one man's conversation is just another man's useless rambling. No harm' no foul.

4. Its just a damned good thing you're here to post no useless stuff. :rolleyes:

Your question was answered days ago by the way and the band width is paid for.

Bandit Billy likes this.
  5. leon bee

leon bee

But I'll tell you what: this did inspire me to paint my old Buick with Ford 8N paint. Might be the perfect solution for me on that car.

firstinsteele likes this.
  6. Well I abstained from this earlier but now I see that it is required, "GO FUCK YORSELF" you fuckin dipshit.

And next time post your crap in the right forum, there is absolutely nothing traditional about "Valspar" tractor paint.

little red 50 and Bandit Billy like this.
  7. rdynes01

rdynes01
    from colorado

More useless rambling.......I rest my case.

8. I've shot alot of stuff with Valspar Farm Equipment Enamel. Here is what I learned:

A) double up the hardenerhardner (1:8 ratio). As the label on the standard can states, it is 1:16 ratio. At one point Valspar sold a 'restoration grade' hardener, same hardener, but a bigger can of it with directions to use it 1:8 ratio.

B) Use Naphta as reducer. DO NOT use mineral spirits. Sometimes I will blend my own reducer by mixing 60% naptha and 40% Lacquer thinner. Don't use lacquer thinner straight into the paint, as it will shock it and make it curdle.

C) let it flash longer inbetween coats. It is much like painting the old DuPont Dulux.

If the hardener is doubled up it does not fade and wears like iron.Very good paint value for the money.

Cosmo49 and Bandit Billy like this.
  9. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I like to read threads and I go in knowing that, like business meetings, I may only take something away from about 10% of the input. I read this thread just now and this is my only take away,
    upload_2017-7-24_14-12-6.png
    other than the cola that I shot out my nose after beaner's last post.:cool:

10. rdynes01

rdynes01
    from colorado

Thank you. This is the type of info I was looking for when I posted this thread. and Valspar Tractor paint isn't "traditional" but neither are about 90% of the paint systems discussed here on a regular basis. and finally beaner's last post was kinda funny......lame......but funny.

Cosmo49 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.