Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Progress on the Tudor build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TBonez, Aug 18, 2013.

1. TBonez

TBonez

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1376804723.576313.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1376804749.562009.jpg
    Going with a '35 dash in the '29

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. TBonez

TBonez

Steve Pattee in Modesto is responsible for the craftsmanship. My vision, his skill

3. TBonez

TBonez

Some more of what Steve can do. I wanted to use a Hurst motor mount but it made using a mechanical fuel pump impossible till he built this ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1376805636.025999.jpg

Tim likes this.
  4. 3banjos

3banjos
    from NZ

Looking good. Nice modified mount. Will end up fabbing a similar mount to swap out my hurst. Electric fuel pump drives me nuts.

5. TBonez

TBonez

cleaning up the panels n puttin it back together

Attached Files:

6. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

Yeah, that motor mount is fantastic!

Great work

7. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Like the mount. Looks awesome.

8. brady1929

brady1929

9. TBonez

TBonez

few pix on the chop to the Tudor. Steve did some nice metal work on the door lower patch panel. If it werent for the pits in the original skin would be hard to tell where the two met. Much respect for those that can do this kind of work. Ive got the ideas, just not my set of skills. Big thanx to SamIyam

Attached Files:

10. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Looks great. Very envious of those that can get away without Bondo.. nice project for sure.

11. TBonez

TBonez

new subrails are in. Next up some flooring and the start of the backseat. Better shot of the body's placement lining up the wheel and body radiuses.

Attached Files:

12. TBonez

TBonez

any suggestions on a good wood kit that doesn't need a ton of reworking. Saw one Mac's has that looks well done. May just wait for Turlock.

13. silversink

silversink

14. 4444Design

4444Design

comin' together pretty cool - keep us posted

15. TBonez

TBonez

seats mounted and dash commin along \'29 seat.jpg \'29 dash.jpg

16. TBonez

TBonez

Been laggin on posting progress pix on the '29 build, so heres where we are now. The dash is in and the gauges are mocked up. We decided to go with a small panel to add a little dimension to the dash, should look nice next to the ashtray. The steering wheel and column are set up with a custom built column drop welded in place. The backseat floorpan is welded in with a custom built gas tank (not shown) acting as a seat back. The exhaust is all done, tucked up tight so nothing shows when looking at the side of the car. Came out bitchin. The radiator is in place. We went with a 4 core '29 radiator with trans cooler shortened so it sat a little lower than the cowl. New brackets and adjustments to the shell were needed so everything looks right. The '29 is on a '32 frame from Kiwi Konnections with a pinched nose for the Model A body. I could have used a '32 shell and radiator but everyone n his uncle does that. As for the firewall we are going to bend the flange n put it on the inside, cleaner look to the firewall and we don't have to notch it for the distributor. The frame horns up front are set to get bobbed and filled with the spreader bar welded in place, not bolted. After finishing patch panel work to the body we blow it apart for a wet powder coat primer/sealer. Brake lines will then be put in with the body off. After that the frame gets stripped and powder coated along with backing plates, front axel and other parts. No chrome on this build. The hairpins will be nickel plated, finned valve covers and oil pan will get polished and thats it. Plan is to have it done by August.

Attached Files:

chop job likes this.
  17. Nice quality build from you guys, thanks for sharing

18. Good job, I'll be watching.

19. TBonez

TBonez

Need to give a shout out to Sam Strube for keeping this build going in the right direction with his input and Steve Pattee for his attention to detail and top notch work. Just in case your wondering, the only time this car is gonna be on a trailer is if its broken. Build it and fuckin drive it!

20. TBonez

TBonez

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1421376619.627595.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1421376634.659233.jpg
    flange has been reversed n put inside. Cleaner look to the firewall plus don't need to notch for the distributor.

21. TBonez

TBonez

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Been almost a year since last update. Not much got done last year but started picking up steam this March. She's about to be on the ground soon. Body primered, small bits nickel plated to break things up, frame powder coated n brakes plumbed. Just waitin on the motor being that the 327 I had planned to use was shit. Will post more pix once the motor n trans are in

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    Tim likes this.
  22. floored

floored

Nice work.keep at it.

23. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Tbonez, Nice job on the tudor. What is that seat out of? Looks like it fits really well in there. In post 21 first picture of the exhaust manifold on drivers side that sort of shows how the exhaust goes around the steering. But you cant see the portion where the pipe comes out of the exhaust and goes down and around. I have a similar issue on my tudor. Do you have any other pictures that show the tubing better?
    Thanks, NRM

24. TBonez

TBonez

The seat is made by Glide, got it from SoCal Speedshop up in Sacramento. Damn pricy just for the frame but wanted something new. I'll take some better pic of the exhaust when I get a chance

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

25. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Thanks Tbonez. Ya those glide seats are pricey!

26. TBonez

TBonez

IMG_5879.JPG IMG_5877.JPG IMG_5877.JPG
    Here ya go

27. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Awesome, thanks. Looks like a lot of planning to get around all those obstacles but he did a nice job.
    Appreciate the picts.

28. TBonez

TBonez

Shroud in place, just a few tweaks here n there, cut the hole for the fan, weld up the corners then on to makin the brackets to weld onto the shell. IMG_5883.JPG

29. TBonez

TBonez

Finally got the shroud welded up, hole cut and fan mounted. I decided to mount the fan from the back for a cleaner look with just a few mods to the fan housing. Top is attached to the shell and the botton will be mounted to the lower bracket on the radiator with a fabed bracket to also attach the radiator shell. Pleased with the end result. Im going to calk around the opening and paint satin black to finish it off. Got 3/4" clearance between the water pump bolts and fan IMG_6096.jpg IMG_6095.jpg

30. TBonez

TBonez