Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The HAMB Drags 2003... Were you there?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jul 15, 2014.

1. I didn't make it that year but it set the stage for my build and a goal to get down there and race!

My most favorite Wheel standing 14 second car! But I don't think the wheel standing happened until later but I think you're still having fuel injector problems!

Your Poncho powered car turned into a rocket and inspired my build of the 455 Olds!

You'll notice that the Melt Down Drags had carried the white cover-all motif of the Vultures team as well as Kirkheifer's NASCAR team from ther mid 50's!

I thought someone maybe Denise took a group photo! And it was funny to hear about krupanut doing laps... I heard he almost ran out of gas... he made so many 14 second passes it could be registered on a "Hobbs Meter!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. I thought it just got away from him. I know he needed a Ford tie rod end to get back on the track. Seems like he was around for a while after and making some good mods/updates to the old beasty.

Yea the tow rig was scary but it was genuine '60s pork'n'bean racing and you have to give him props for making the trip. Them guys back then usually owned a gas station (or worked in one) a tow truck and a "raced car". They didn't usually go much farther then the local track though.

3. Planned to go in 2003 and painted this to auction off...

[​IMG]

Life got in the way so I didn't make it that year.

At least it has company on the wall in my garage, the tire is from 2011...

[​IMG]

chryslerfan55 and Just Gary like this.
  4. I was there floggin' the coupe. I went down to the first three HAMB Drags with SCALLOP53 and SPARKY54. I missed a few then went again when my dad (COWBOY BOB) ran his HAGR... the time AFTER he hit the wall. :)

JOE:cool:

5. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

I missed the first one but have been there ever since and will see you there in 2014.

B:)B

6. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

Thanks, it was fun. I sent you a conversation (PM) some time back. We probably should make contact. I can not find your phone number.

John

7. I never made a garage crawl, but the Route 66 tour was great, even if Steve kept Breaking down and I got Karma bitch slapped for accidentally kicking a dirt clod at Jerry. Checking out the Stude #947 LSR after watching it's construction and runs on line, parking lot mayhem with mini bikes and MD 20/20. Some really good times those first 5-6 years and the locals really made it special; the Junk Bro's, Ryno, Carl, etc.

8. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

03 was when we went to Starbirds, yes? Cool as hell.

-Abone.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Roothawg likes this.
  9. rascal55

rascal55

Mo Junk was talkin the Drags up at a local cruise in one night, 2009
    went then, on the can't miss list now !!!

10. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was there in '03 back when the Merc was a four door, and it was still carrying the ugly front end. Even thought it was hot, I had a blast that day hanging out with Rashy & Monkey. How could the drags not be kool with that company.

11. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Was '03 the year the poker run went to Miami, OK...??? Or was that '04...???

R-

12. Me and Plowboy and some others went to Starbirds one year, I remember I had the Stude that year. We were talking about how cool his junk pile must be. Went back inside and Darryl was standing there, we commented about his junk pile and he said, go have a look, just close the fence behind you so the horses don't get out. He had a Batmobile body on a pallet along with a bunch of aborted bubble tops, and mostly junk.

I took Rocket over there two years ago and LilCoffin was sitting outside ready to go in a trailer. Cool Place.

13. Me, nope, I was not there,,,, BUT my old man Weekender was with the car I now call mine. I have made a handful of trips up there from here in Georgia but family life makes this a hard tip. I try each year yet something always seems to happen.

My dad had a BLAST that year. That's all he talked about for a long time!! We talked on the phone daily at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B. View attachment 3595426

Tman likes this.
  14. atch

atch

yes; yes they were.

I might add that my avatar was from that year as the lights went green. I think that this has been my avatar ever since then.

Tman likes this.
  15. Never change it Atch!

16. krupanut

krupanut

Bob had me make a pass in his coupe so he could see what it looked like going down the track. Good times!!!

chryslerfan55 and Tman like this.
  17. Roothawg

Roothawg

Wasn't hat the year ElPolacko broke down? Needed and MSD box?

18. FORDY 6

FORDY 6

19. Great to hear from you Denise!!! Looking forward to seeing you there again in August!!
    Chuck

20. FORDY 6

FORDY 6

20170717_155802.jpg 20170717_155824.jpg 20170717_155802.jpg 20170717_155824.jpg The event shirt I picked up the Drags...

21. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Mine don't look that good !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hutkikz and kidcampbell71 like this.
  22. You do realize, Denise's post was from 2014. o_O

23. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

24. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

A post from Bob. Makes you happy and sad at the same time.

25. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think we all feel the same way.

-Abone.

26. atch

atch

I had forgotten this thread but since I'm subscribed I saw it again today. Wondering what, if anything, I had posted herein I searched. That's when I saw @Tman's post about my avatar. For the last several months I had a pic of Clarence the day it came out of the paint shop as my avatar. I changed it back to the hamb drags photo due to what Trent said six years ago.

Tman likes this.
  27. Love it!

28. T-man whippin up some vittles in 105 degree heat.............'03 hambdragstman.jpg

Tman and Roothawg like this.
  29. Roothawg

Roothawg

Was that year of the pig?