Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My new toy 56 merc

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryguy442, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Ryguy We were far enough away from the fires but at night you could see them from our mountain top home and we had a lot of smoke here. If there isn't bad news on my shoulder this Wed. I might be able to make it there this year.Thanks Bruce.

Ryguy442 likes this.
  2. Ryguy442

Ryguy442
    from Nc

Glad to hear you weren't affected my the fires. Good luck with your shoulder. I was having random joint pain for like 3 months. Doctors finally found out I have rheumatoid arthritis, they finally got me on treatment and I'm doing better now, but it slowed me down a bit

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

3. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Hope your treatment goes better than mine did, I had a bad reaction to the med, Meloxicam, it caused a bleeding ulcer that went into a major arteryin my stomach and they had to give me major transfusions before they got it stopped bleeding. 10 units of whole blood, 4 units of plasma and 2 units of platelets, then I was diagnosed with gastric cancer and they removed my stomach and I had major complications from the surgery and ended up laying in a coma for 5-6 weeks while my body was shutting down, by the Grace of God I survived it and can actually get out and do some work, just not as much as I could do before my surgery!

4. sololobo

sololobo

those post cars are super rare, keep up the good work man. Very cool rig.

5. Ryguy442

Ryguy442
    from Nc

Wow! That sounds awful. Hate to hear you had to go thru so much! Glad you made it thru! They got me on methotrexate, folic acid, and prednisone, as of right now I feel pretty good. We will see how I do after they weed me off prednisone. But for now I'm just taking it day by day.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. Ryguy442

Ryguy442
    from Nc

Thanks! Yeah I havnt seen many more like it. Can't wait to get to driving it again.

7. Ryguy442

Ryguy442
    from Nc

Well stopped by to take a quick measurement for the drive shaft today, so figured I'd snap a few pics really quick to show what stage it's at now. Once the drive shaft is in and I see the wheels spin under its own power it can finally sit back on the ground and I can put the fender and bumper back on. Looks like crap right now but with some cleaning up it's not so bad. [​IMG][​IMG]

koolkemp, edcodesign and s55mercury66 like this.
  8. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Do you still have the Pontiac? It was one of the first threads I subscribed to. Might have been the very first one.

9. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg
    Always liked those 56 Merc's !

10. Ryguy442

Ryguy442
    from Nc

Yes sir I still have the poncho, I'm not the type to get rid of anything. It's been on the back burner for a long time now. Just don't have the time and money to get it back on the road. Man everyone that sees that car loves it.

s55mercury66 likes this.
  11. Ryguy442

Ryguy442
    from Nc

12. Ryguy442

Ryguy442
    from Nc

So might have gotten lucky, that doesn't happen much.... i measured for my driveshaft and asked my boss the check his stash he had. Turns out he had one that'll work perfectly, I just ordered the splicer universals to go from 1350 to 1310s. So hopefully I'll get somewhere with the car this weekend. We'll see I guess...

13. Ryguy442

Ryguy442
    from Nc

Working on the car this weekend for a few hours before the heat got too bad. I got the drive shaft in, it for perfectly. I got the starter back in. And a few other things buttoned up. I went to start it and it fired up like it was parked yesterday. But it's not running all that well. I think it's down a cylinder and I need to make sure oil is getting to the rockers because I heard some clacking from up there. So I still got some work to do but I made some steps forward. I'm going to do a quick oil change while I still have it up in the air, then I'll set it back on the ground and start figuring out the problems.

Ryan

14. Ryguy442

Ryguy442
    from Nc

Progress has been kinda slow.... been working. A lot and doing side work so I don't have a lot of free time to work on the merc. But there is progress to report, it's back on the ground now. It running better now but isn't getting very good oil to the top end so I guess I need to clear some oil passages. I'll bring it over to my buddies house for that. So frI'm now I just pour so oil over the rockers if I wanna run it for a few mins. Is has moved under its own power now. Spent a hour of two getting the front drums unstuck yesterday, and the brakes are nonexistent so need to get started on that. I'm thinking new wheel cylinders all the way around and go from there. Also just payed the fender on there to make it look better for now

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

15. Ryguy442

Ryguy442
    from Nc