Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects rebuilding after the crash

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racer-x, Sep 19, 2015.

1. the power of the hamb comes through again. vern saw my need for some wheels and offered his set up for sale. they have the larger ford spindle that i was looking for.

els, Wraith, BigDrag and 14 others like this.
  2. One other thing I was wondering was how are this guys shorts still white? Glad you're handling this well and jumping right back on that horse, I don't think I could maintain such composure.

els, OahuEli and loudbang like this.
  3. Budget36

Budget36

Wow...I started reading this thread way back when it was 2 or 3 pages long, I feel like a part of me hit the damned thing too.

4. Inside view. Previous video has been updated with one of higher quality.

els, mgtstumpy, BigDrag and 2 others like this.
  5. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Hopefully this is the worst thing that happens to you and your coupe! I'm sure I wouldn't handle this as well as you are, good luck with the repairs and getting it back on the strip.

6. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Vern is a pretty swell guy indeed. I may have to buy him breakfast at the Sunshine next year.

els, loudbang, verno30 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Not the type of update I was hoping for, but that's racing.
    Glad your ok and the cars not to beat up.

els, loudbang and racer-x like this.
  8. as you can see in the last video my foot is off the gas. I'm actually pulling back on the toe loop trying to close the throttle. at one point i take my one hand off the wheel because i was going to reach up to hit the kill switch but i needed it back to steer. i got four full turns in that time. things happen fast in a nitro car. the whole thing lasted four seconds.

els, bobwop, loudbang and 1 other person like this.
  9. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

Sorry to see this, glad it wasn't worse. Let us know what they say on the barrel valve, I can't believe they didn't have a c clip or something in there. If I owned one, I'd be checking it.

els and loudbang like this.
  10. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

It's a shame I have to chuckle at the fools passing judgement in the stands who have no clue. But you'll have that everywhere I guess. I've had the misfortune in my time to overhear folks talking nonsense about me before when they were totally wrong, awkward.
    Me and my friend knew immediately it wasn't Brian's driving at fault.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

11. if there were 5,000 fans in the stands there would be 5,000 different ideas of what happened. i had my ideas of what happened to. I'm glad the go pros were on the car. it backs up what i thought was going on in the car. watching the video shows exactly what happened. we know for sure what the problem was so it can be addressed. that will be reassuring the next time i climb in it to make the next pass.

els, OahuEli, BigDrag and 8 others like this.
  12. I'm happy that spraying fuel did not ignite

els, OahuEli, racer-x and 3 others like this.
  13. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

How can that not have something to retain it? That seems like a pretty major design flaw.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. rooman

rooman

Brian,
    glad that you found some wheels. I presume from the earlier posts that you are planning to run early Ford spindles now rather than the Anglia configuration. As I mentioned to you on the start line during all the confusion after the crash I have a pair of wheels to fit Anglia spindles if you end up needing them.

Roo

els and Chucky like this.
  15. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

You sure know how to keep a thread exciting!

els, mgtstumpy, racer-x and 3 others like this.
  16. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D At times,this thread reminds me of the old weekly serials at the Saturday afternoon matinees.Keeps ya in suspense from one week to the next:rolleyes::p.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

17. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

dang it Brian, if it wasn't for bad luck, you wouldn't have any luck at all!

but that really isn't true. You are okay and your car has only a flesh wound.

Leave it to my pal Vern to have a set of wheels for you!

I am glad you have plenty of video to guide you. Also, that you can make the repairs and make it to the events you wish to attend.

At least the new trailer is working out...isn't it?

wishing you the best and hope to see you soon,

Bob

els, verno30, racer-x and 1 other person like this.
  18. 20170717_103007.jpg Thanks bob. Turns out vern and i hang out with alot of the same guys. Im at speedy metal getting pieces for the new steering setup. I also had a conversarion with hilborn this morning. Check out bang shift we are the lead story.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    els, mgtstumpy, BigDrag and 2 others like this.
  19. Wood butcher thats the way nitro cars are. Thats why guys build them and why guys watch them. You never know whats going to happen next. Its the ultimate hot rod rush.

els, Woogeroo, bobwop and 1 other person like this.
  20. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Yep.Just like a woman.Can be fickle and cranky at times:rolleyes:.The important thing is that you are safe.
    Sheet metal and such are repairable.People,not so much.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

els and Woogeroo like this.
  21. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

els likes this.
  22. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

too bad it is misfortune that garners so much publicity

els likes this.
  23. Didnt pt barnum from the cicus say any publicity is good publicity. Still not the way i wanted it either.

els, bobwop and loudbang like this.
  24. On a happy note i was the winner of the hard luck award. I received this very cool willys model that came inside a clear case. The workmanship is outstanding. The chute is out pulling the box off the truck. This took a long time to build. The man that gave this to me says he does this every year. With everything that was going on i unforfunately dont recall his name and didnt write it down. If anyone knows who this is please post his name for me. I will have to find a special place for this. 20170717_124714.jpg 20170717_124658.jpg

spot, els, catdad49 and 12 others like this.
  25. Hemi Joel

Hemi Joel
    from Minnesota

Put it on your wall of shame, next to the meltdown carnage.:confused:

els, racer-x and loudbang like this.
  26. Saxxon

Saxxon

Missed the crash, saw the aftermath... glad you're safe.

els, racer-x and loudbang like this.
  27. Hemi Joel

Hemi Joel
    from Minnesota

The good news is that from now on, every time you pull up to the burn out box you will have every media guy in the place focusing their lenses on your car! (if you didn't already)

els, squirrel, racer-x and 1 other person like this.
  28. Bugsy48

Bugsy48

First off, glad your OK,secondly that the car is fixable, rumors were flying that it was destroyed ! So glad that is incorrect. You have come back from worse, GOOD LUCK my friend !

29. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

Sorry to read about the set back, but glad it is fixable and no injuries.

-W

30. Roadsir

Roadsir

All the cameras make for a great root cause analysis. With your commitment and drive I bet the repair is well underway. Will be great to see the full potential of this car!