Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Slowly getting there

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bruce Fischer, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Edcodesign.I hope it turns out better that my 2 total ankle replacements I had on my left ankle that both failed.Bruce.

2. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bruce I also had a full knee replacement, also both turned out perfect . The key for me was strict physical therapy. Ed.

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  3. Ed I had therapy on my total ankle replacement. After 6 weeks the screw backed out of my ankle. The Dr. said hummm maybe I should of used cement. The second one failed too. He found out the joint failed.{I still have the joint on my dresser, they gave it back to me by mistake}Then I found out it was the 1st time he had done one after I researched him and he it was said he had done them before. After the second failed surgery. He told me well it is what it is. I should of sued him. Bruce.

4. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What a bummer. I got multiple recommendations form people in the field before I chose my surgeon, turned out good. Ed.

5. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

You should probably find another experienced surgeon who specializes in ankles and have another go at it.
    They should be able to fix you up.

6. Blue one.I have been to 4 other surgeons{the last one was in Nashville T.N.} a 4 hour ride, who wouldn't touch it because the 1st quack made such a mess of it and took out too much bone in my leg.Bruce.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  7. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

That sucks, there must be someone who could fix this screw up. :confused:

Bruce Fischer and chryslerfan55 like this.

8. Worth it! :)

Sent using my SBC/TH350

chryslerfan55 and Bruce Fischer like this.
  9. BJR

BJR

Sounds like some of us have more different parts in our bodies then the cars we build.:)

10. Blue one its been about 8 years ago and I have just learned to live with it.I am sure there are people out there with worse problems.Bruce.

11. Venom51 They are pretty cool.They call me when they are hungry.LOL.Bruce. HPIM2162.JPG

Venom51 likes this.
  12. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi Bruce.Here`s wishing you the best for a speedy recovery.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

13. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

LOCTITE 271 (Red)

Take plenty of pics, we'll walk ya through it. :)

51 BIRD and Bruce Fischer like this.
  14. Wimbledon looks good on top Bruce! I missed out.. what color will the rest be?

Hoping you as fast a recovery as possible. Greg

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

15. Greg.I am still trying to decide to go back to the stock gray color on a gun metallic gray. Bruce.

16. I have a local shoulder guy, interned working for the NY Rangers orthopedic team. Good with shoulders and just about anything else. My PT had bottomed out, I wasn't getting any better and my rotator cuff was a lot better. I had biceptal tendonosis too and they painfully stretched that out.

17. indyjps

indyjps

The tens unit works, Im considering buying one. Don't overlook the rubber band rehab type work. Doesnt seem like much but it got me thru a bad shoulder injury without surgery.

I guess this is where its headed, divert the car parts budget to rehab equipment, so we can work on cars. :eek: Big bottles of alleve and plenty of water, old timers went with whiskey, might just be better on your liver.

18. Maybe should have had them put in a couple heim joints... :p

19. kmrumedy

kmrumedy

I was following your last thread. What happened with the gunmetal metallic idea? It would look amazing on this car.

20. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

I must be doing something wrong, when she pulled a tendon in her wrist I got to be the house bitch lol.

21. UPDATE guy.Just got back from the Ortho. He looked at the ex rays and had me do some weight tests with my shoulder.He thinks it may be a torn ligment. He said you got 2 choices .1 get a $2,000 M.R.I. or 6 weeks of theory.I chose the therapy. 1st visit is Friday Morning. Bruce.
    HEY Jetnow1 that's what my wife calls me!!!!.LOL.Bruce.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    51 BIRD likes this.
  22. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

mental, or physical - Ha!

23. 6 weeks of therapy (either physical or mental) should have you painting in no time!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

24. Venom.I cant wait to hold that paint gun in my hand again.Thanks Bruce.

51 BIRD likes this.
  25. Kmrumedy.Still kicking the ideas around but I am pretty sure its going to be the gunmetal metallic gray.Bruce.

51 BIRD likes this.
  26. 51 BIRD

51 BIRD

Bruce,have you considered Chrysler "Argent Silver"? Just a suggestion...

27. My shoulder PT ran me 3.5 months and helped a lot, but it won't help a torn ligament. Does medicare pay for an MRI?

28. 51BIRD.Silver is one color I have never had luck painting. It always seemed to not flow out well and always was blochy looking .So that's one color I stay away from. Bruce.

51 BIRD likes this.
  29. Bob. I am not on Medicare yet. I am under my wifes insurance and its a $200.out of pocket deductible 1st.Bruce.

30. I was just thinking of asking if you'd ever sprayed metallic paint before. I can't speak from experience but was always under the impression that it took a little extra skill and patience.