Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical !952 F1 Bench seat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 612DOR, Jul 8, 2017.

1. 612DOR

612DOR

My wife has informed me that my 52 F1 project is now hers. Good in some ways, licence to spend money!! Deal is I get her a bench seat with headrests and shoulder seat belts. I refuse to put holes in the upper rear cab, anybody point me at a Ford van or similar that would work? Current seat is 52" wide.

Thanks!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. You could try an '89 Chevrolet pickup seat

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

3. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

Well, easier said than done.
    I just checked out my F1 for you. There is plenty of options for a third point. There is the door frame....There is also a metal brace at the right height that runs from the door to the rear window. Using the door frame and this metal brace with a plate welded in may make a good third point. The headliner material would cove it all up.

Seat selection will be limited. F1 Cabs are rather small. So in my opinion a full size truck is out. You need a seat from a smaller truck. Buckets may be easier. Finding a bench seat with built in seat belts and a head rest that fits....that will be a challenge.

You may can modify the stock seat with head rests but here too, the angle of the stock seat makes this a challenge.

As said this is easier said than done.

4. Pgaines

Pgaines

Not sure if these will work I used the "2nd row" out of a Tahoe in my 53 F100, they took some modifications. I did purchase some adjustable brackets from MidFifty. IMG_7972.jpg IMG_7971.jpg

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. 612DOR

612DOR

6. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Following that same thought third row from a Suburban is slightly narrower and still has the built-in belts.

Also check Trailblazer and similar.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    612DOR likes this.
  7. DSC05938 (Small).JPG I used the seat out of an 89 Dakota with the arm rest. I removed the head rest because of how far it moves the seat from the rear of the cab. Unless your wife has a very short inseam, I think she will not be happy.

8. If you are willing to do some reupholstery and welding, you could get a bench seat from a newer full size with the built-in seatbelts, then narrow it to fit. Say you find a 60/40 type bench seat, just cut out the middle 20 so it is more like a 40/40 after narrowing.