Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Lunch Money & Ed Roth’s "Yellow Fang"

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by J.Ukrop, Jul 7, 2017.

1. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

J.Ukrop submitted a new blog post:

Lunch Money & Ed Roth’s "Yellow Fang"

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

slayer, Kevin Lee, Lazy A and 2 others like this.
  2. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

3. Roothawg

Roothawg

Brian Fox, @KING CHASSIS is this the museum you were telling me about?

4. That's a story I've never heard before. There was a kid here in the 80s that had a sanitary white 39 chevy coupe with "Lunch Money" lettered on the decklid. I wonder if that's where he got the idea for the name.

J.Ukrop likes this.

5. oldcargary

oldcargary
    from devore, Ca

Low budget or no budget is the way many raced.....not so sure that wasn't a whole bunch better than now.

6. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

Yeh, a couple guys pumping gas during the week could race an early coupe or sedan on the weekend...
    hello sponsor's cash... good by fun racing...
    we drag raced at an old 1/8 mile airstrip for a few years, $15 for the day... run what you drove...
    great grudge racing...
    but guys with cash and trailers converted it to a class that most driven cars can't come close to competing in ... history repeating itself...
    thankfully, around here, cruise nights and a drive in rootbeer are still available...
    and that's about the only cheap fun left...

7. sololobo

sololobo

Does anyone get the significance of the red marks on the quarter in the change picture? When I noticied it I was reminded of the quarters we would put in the juke box in my Mom's café to kind of seed the folks to play it. And when the service guy came to cash out and put new records on he would give those back and not count them in the mix. A little off topic, but a nice memory lane for me. My Mom allowed my sister and I and friends to pick the selections, big thrill.

8. Cool story. Here are two pictures my dad took of yellow fang at Oswego drag strip in the summer of 1967. I wonder at what point was when the yellow fang was changed from yellow to gold? File0029.jpg File0058.jpg

J.Ukrop likes this.