Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Frame builders in NV/CA/UT?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by kiljoy, Jun 29, 2017.

1. kiljoy

kiljoy

I live in Las Vegas and i am looking for a reputable place to buy a pinched 32 frame with front/rear cross members, k-member and motor/trans mounts( if possible. Im building a 29 sport coupe and want to run it as a highboy on a pinched 32 frame. Im running a 53 8BA/toploader/39 banjo with torque tube. I would even pay someone to build it if they were experienced and had detailed prior build pictures. I am capable of building it myself i just dont have any time or room to set up a frame jig and build it myself.

Sent from my SM-N910P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. NoGoodNamesLeft

NoGoodNamesLeft

Check out Classic Street Rods in Ontario, CA.

Flathead Dave likes this.
  3. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

4. kiljoy

kiljoy

i have checked out classic street rods in my previous searches. I haven't seen anything built by them for a flathead/ torque tube banjo setup.

Has anyone seen anything from this company in person?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1932-Ford-to-Model-A-frame-Hot-rod-roadster-coupe-Rat-Halibrand/182645332339

I emailed them and they said they could put in a factory style K-member and engine/trans mounts for my flathead/toploader for $600 more.
    If worse comes to worst il just build it myself. its just going to be a giant PITA doing it in my driveway on a slope. So i would rather pay someone to do it.

5. Get a hold of So Cal in Las Vegas

6. Like Don said, talk to either of the Lenny's at SoCal, or go down the road a piece to Bakersfield and see one of these two guys, they both have good histories........there's even a good reason why their products look so much alike.:D
    http://www.californiaroadstercompany.com/
    http://blackboardhotrods.com/

Edit; as for the ebay reference you posted, he used to be a member on these boards and was booted..............if you do a search you'll see pages of reasons why.

7. trey32

trey32

8. kiljoy

kiljoy

I talked to Gary at blackboard hotrods. I am pretty sure that i'm going to go with a pinched 32 frame with a sheet metal x-member from them. Thanks for the info everyone.

9. gimpyshotrods likes this.
  10. Talk to Jimmy White at Circle City Hot Rods in Orange, CA

11. Gary with cornhusker hot rods will build you just what you are looking for at the best price out there for a quality built frame. Pop him a message he goes by Krylon32 here on the HAMB

12. Do Not order Last Reuge without doing some research here or online. Lots of pissed off customers in the past

13. Fogger

Fogger

Gary at Blackboard will build you exactly what you want. Not only is he a very talented fabricator but his method of jigging the rails is second to none. He build an original '32 frame with stock crossmember and K-member for me and is flat and square. My original body fit better than the tweaked original. You can't go wrong dealing with Gary.