Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Engine machine shops in North Texas.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DELUXEHOTRODS, Jul 2, 2017.

1. DELUXEHOTRODS

DELUXEHOTRODS
    from DENTON< TX

Any recommendations on good engine machine shops in North Texas. Using Reher-Morrison Racing Engines in Arlington, TX. Tried one in Denton and was not happy about the quality and turn around time.

2. You spending some serious bucks! real good engine shop on main st. In Arlington.
    Ed and Eddie run the place. Father an son business.

stillrunners likes this.
  3. CyaNide

CyaNide
    from Texas

I second Arlington Machine Shop. I have used them many times with no problem ever. In fact, I will be taking an engine over there in the next couple of weeks.

CN

4. funny...that Arlington shop is where my buddy take's his 409's and what ever he's building......

5. There is none better than Wayne Calvert there in Denton...turn time probably due to his vast workload

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. I had problems with Calvert years ago.

Is Dave Plubell still in business in Garland, D&P Machine He did some great work for me, fixing my Stude motor after Calvert and building me a 383 Stroker motor that is still going strong after 15yr.

7. DELUXEHOTRODS

DELUXEHOTRODS
    from DENTON< TX

Thanks 325w and CyaNide for the recommendation. Will give them a try next week. Yeah Reher-Morrison is expensive, but everything checked out and was done on the day they said it will be done. Need a shop that I can count on.

8. Long Racing Engines in Irving is stellar. Been there forever. 40 plus years. The aforementioned shops are killer too, evidently. Tons of local week in, and week out, door slammers, and racers use LRE though. Look 'em up.

Mopar, Ford, BBC and SBC for me. I certainly haven't strayed. They're the only ones I've used. 16 years. Those other guys sound expensive-rrrrr' ..... :rolleyes: .