Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Looking for Gary Wills from Harper Woods, Michigan, '32 5 Window

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GaryN, Jul 2, 2017.

1. GaryN

GaryN

I just came across the title that came with my '32 five window when I bought it back in 1974. It's dated May 1966 and Gary Wills was the owner at that time. He lived at 19740 Ruscommon in Harper Woods, MI. Anyone here know of him?
    It would be cool to learn some history of this car if possible. When I bought it in Windsor, Ontario it had already been chopped and channeled but there was no floor in it. The center of the firewall was cut out with a piece of 1/8" flat stock about 2" wide welded around the opening.
    The title matches the frame numbers and is for a coupe but I have no idea if the frame and body were always together before I got it. The guy I bought it from (Jim Grundy) has passed away but he told me the car came from Michigan. That's all I ever knew about it's history before I got it.

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Do you have a middle initial for Gary Wills?

3. GaryN

GaryN

No I don't.

4. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

More identifiers would make is easier. I do know he no longer lives at the Ruscommon address.

GaryN likes this.

5. GaryN

GaryN

I figured that this might be a long shot but you never know if you don't ask.

6. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

7. I don't know if this is the same person but there was a Gary Wills who lived in Monroe Michigan and ran a sign shop there called Pioneer Sign. He used to letter a lot of race cars back in the 1970's. Some years ago he moved to Tennessee and unfortunately passed away several years ago.
    Nick Hartzell;a sign artist from Temperance Michigan was Gary's best friend;he may know.

GaryN likes this.
  8. GaryN

GaryN

Thanks, I contacted Nick but he didn't think it was the same person.