Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage What's your plans for the 4th of July?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jun 28, 2017.

1. RHRH3P

RHRH3P
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Beautiful day at GG Des Moines! IMG_2506.JPG

2. Muttley

Muttley

3. They all look like gang bangers!!!!Bruce.

bobss396 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. metalman

metalman

Wife is out of town till Tuesday afternoon, spent today prepping the doors and grill shell on the 32 Vicky, hope to get them painted tomorrow, buffed and hung by Tuesday. What's a holiday anyway? I have no life:(.
    I know, some of you are saying "gee, I'd love to have 4 days straight to work on my hot rod" but you got to remember, I do this 6 days a week, sometimes 7 all the time. Might be different if it was my Vicky as well. Took a great hobby and turned it into a job!

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  5. Southcross.I saw a picture of your 57 in another thread on here.That pretty COOL! Bruce.

6. Ct1932ford.Sunny Girl has a red collar too. LOL. Bruce. 003 (3).JPG

7. greybeard360

greybeard360

8. Ft.ValloniaStreaker

Ft.ValloniaStreaker

After a lot of thought, it looks like a 4 hour trip one way to pick up a Hilborn.......I'm sure there's something fun to do between here and there. If not I still have new (to me) parts!

9. greybeard360

greybeard360

10. Geaybeard.Looks really GOOD! What time is dinner???Have a good 4 th of July buddy.Bruce.

11. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have to be at the orthopedic surgeon's place bright and early July 5. I may be there early but I doubt if I will be bright. I'm getting a new knee and am damn glad to have it.

Maybe the question should be: What is Larry's ortho guy doing on the 4th? I hope he doesn't show up hung over and still pissed off at his wife for some imagined shortcoming. Let's hope he is in a good mood and got lots of sleep.

12. Lonejacklarry.GOOD LUCK with your knee surgery. I finally have to go see an orthopedic on the 15th.After my fall,4 weeks ago, my shoulder isn't getting any better. Good thing the x ray came back neg. Bruce.

13. Wisconsins biggest one day car show is at holtz motors. Its a chevy dealership in hales corners on the south west side of milwaukee. Hwy 100 and forest home. After the show some grilling is on order then some fire works.

14. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

I plan on selling the earrings I've designed and made and some of my art at a local celebration in the morning. Then I think my wife has plans on going to spend the rest of the day with one if our kids.

15. Car show in Filmoore tomorrow (4th)

16. bondolero

bondolero

Great to do anything you want here, everyone is out of town and no waiting anywhere.
    Hate the heat but love the summers here. Quiet..................................

17. I have a half-fast invite to dinner somewhere local, not sure when or what to bring... may as well show up 1/2 in the bag... nah not really. But the beach 1st thing is essential.

18. Yes, we made it, About 500 miles. All is well and everyone is doing fine!

Dick Stevens and Bruce Fischer like this.
  19. toml24

toml24

I will be curled-up in the fetal position on the backyard swing with a can of cold beer in one hand and a MP3 music player with earbuds blasting out the golden oldies but goodies.

20. topher5150

topher5150

The wife invited all her relatives over....so yah.
    If anyone wants to crash the party and save me message me and I'll send you my address. :D

Montana1 likes this.
  21. Went to the Solid Rock Cruise-in Fireworks Liberty Fest and there were about 200 cars and about 25 bikes. The grandson's first car show at 13 days old! ;)

All kinds of entertainment, even a Rodeo. About 20 Hamb friendly cars and they gave me best hot rod. The rodeo was the best part! ;)

(SHHH... don't tell anyone! The rest were new Challengers, Camaros, Vettes, pick-ups and muscle cars. Looked like a new car lot, but it was fun anyway.) :oops:

22. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the kind words, Bruce. This guy did my other knee 4 or 5 years ago and a rotator cuff last year. I should ask if they have a punch card system to keep track. Maybe 5 surgeries and I can get a toaster or something.

Good luck with your ortho guy!

23. Maybe the 6th one is free! :rolleyes:

lonejacklarry likes this.
  24. 51 mercules

51 mercules

I'll be there with my 29 Roadster! Don't forget they are having valve cover races too!

Montana1 likes this.
  25. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Show and Shine on the Czech Town bridge!

26. squirrel

squirrel

got the new radiator in, it seems to be running nice and cool now. It's still going to be hot out...but the engine won't over heat, at least.

Off in the morning, on another adventure

truck20170702.jpg

27. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Follow-up;
    Well it turned out nice,a bit hot heat wise,but they said 271 show cars came in an 4th of july decorated up for this fun event! they passed out 50 trophys devided up into types of cars {like in my case Hot Rods} with the best red white an blue decorations. So came home again with a winning trophy. miamiSprings3july17.jpg

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    Ron Funkhouser, Stogy and Montana1 like this.
  28. Lonejacklarry don't feel bad I might be able to beat you.Over the years I have had 5 hernia surgeries{the last one was a double one.One on each side} Hemmory {butt} surgery.And finally my total ankle replacement on my left ankle. That one has failed twice.so I have given up on that and now wear a brace on it. I sure am hopping I don't have to have shoulder surgery on my right shoulder when I took a fall about 4 weeks ago feeding the donkeys, but I still get around. LOL. Beaten but not down yet. Bruce.

Muttley likes this.
  29. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Words to live by.

30. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

You're right Danny freedom is great isn't it?
    We just celebrated Canada's 150th birthday and now because my wife Jan is a Texan we can celebrate the 4th.
    And yes the US is the greatest country beside Canada of course ;)
    Happy 4th.