Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects GowJob- the new 32 phaeton family cruiser build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by jalopykid, Jul 12, 2015.

1. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

Looking good. Take it day by day 30 years in September. Frank

2. The37Kid

The37Kid

Nice pressure pump!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bob

jalopykid likes this.
  3. Nice work!
    Digging that save and mods to the k-member.

jalopykid likes this.
  4. Glad to see your back at it. I love that dash. Thanks again for the seat measurements . I've made headway since Oct.

jalopykid likes this.
  5. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Thanks guys!
    I installed some new bushings in the sector housing and tested the steering box/column and there is clearance like I was hoping for. Need to test the exhaust manifold next
    [​IMG]
    When I was testing the box for clearance, I bolted on the pressure pump for the first time and am very happy with how it will work
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

biggeorge, Jeff34, Fordor Ron and 4 others like this.
  6. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

[​IMG]
    Gearing up to start the last of the frame mods. Gonna make some hopefully factory looking boxing plates to stiffen the front frame.

biggeorge and Stovebolt like this.
  7. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

tasty looking tin... Rub a Dub Tub...

8. Kustomkid

Kustomkid
    from Montana

Looking good Brandon! Think it might move under its own power this summer?

9. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

I doubt it. I'm really hoping to get the fab all finished up and it bolted together as one piece. Will see..

Chris likes this.
  10. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Getting prepped to make some more progress now that the weather is getting nice. Rolled it out for the first time this year and took some artsy fartcy pics.. IMG_2658.JPG FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_2647.JPG

11. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D "Mead Special".Hmmmmmmmmmmmm,sounds like a drinking mans car:rolleyes::p.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

jalopykid likes this.
  12. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

The tub looks great and I know your family will love going for rides in it this summer !! Awesome work!!

jalopykid likes this.
  13. The37Kid

The37Kid

Looks great, like those racing cowl lights. Bob

continentaljohn and jalopykid like this.
  14. JK: Glad to see you again. Love the car, stay after it. Tim

jalopykid likes this.
  15. qzjrd5

qzjrd5
    from Troy, MI

Looks awesome dude!

jalopykid likes this.
  16. Love the car and build pics..........32 tubs are a neat rod......btw for those who may want to build a 1/25th scale model of a 32 tub, AMT has had a 32 Tub on & Off in their range for the past 35-40 yrs as a stock build or hotrod with an FE Ford and chopped screen and top.........whilst all releases are worth getting the one from early 2000's when Racing Champions owned the AMT brand was reissued with one sprue from the AMT 32 Vickie kit, everything was still correct EXCEPT that the interior tub and front seats were from the 32 Vickie resulting in a "short" interior, it can be made to look o/k with some work, but the better option is to get a release from before or after the Racing Champions Brand version........one thing that's not commonly known is that AMT originally measured up Dick Scritchfields 32 Tub which originally came from Australia around 1966 sent by Eddie Ford, the editor of Australian Custom Rodder magazine and Restored Cars magazine..........so the kit plastic tub doesn't have the sheetmetal part lines on the tub rear that the US bodies have and has been criticized for this "inaccuracy"......lol.........but if your 32 tub is from Oz.......lol............anyway, as said I like the car..........thanks, andyd

17. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Bitchen car! And nothing like a pheaton

jalopykid likes this.
  18. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Thanks for the updates and nice to see you back at the project after your loss. My feelings go out to you and your family for the pain you must endure. Maybe you can finish the Phaeton and name it after your daughter. Life is not always fair to us or our family and we must adjust accordingly. Working on the Phaeton will keep your mind busy and thinking of the good things you shared with your daughter.

16487593_10207853625167581_8059108496327324891_o.jpg
    A local Phaeton at the GNRS this year reminded me of yours.

19. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

20. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

A little while back, I was visiting with Cory Taulbert and asked him if he would be willing to modify my torque tube and drive shaft, and he willing said he would. He made an awesome jig for the torque tube. Everything turned out fantastic. Can't thank Cory enough.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  21. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Next task is to make rear hood latch mounts. 3 of the 4 mounting holes will use existing original holes. Want the final piece to look like a modified section of fender.

22. Excellent work my friend,please except my sincere condolences with the loss of your daughter,we are told time heals all wounds but the scars will forever be present,you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. HRP

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    jalopykid and 1-SHOT like this.
  23. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

My daughter birthday was June 23 she would have been 41 been gone 30 years. My eyes were sweating last Friday bad day but I still think about her and take it day by day. Working on my hot rod helps a lot. My prayers are with you. Frank

Attached Files:

24. Brandon those little brackets will look great!

jalopykid likes this.
  25. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Thanks Chris! I'm thinking the top and bottom brackets will bolt together at the latch, so there will be no need for any welding.

26. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Tucker has been getting better at walking, so my wife and I let him walk around out side for a bit.... He went right to the hot rod... think he likes it.
    IMG_2775.JPG IMG_2778.JPG

Stogy, ct1932ford, biggeorge and 8 others like this.
  27. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Such a sad story but one that some of us have lived through. The Hot Rod community has a way of supporting each other through hard times and this site is the miracle that we all need right now. I have done business with this young man and he is a man of his word. I wish him all the world has to give in his completion of the phaeton.

28. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Thanks for the kind words Lynn and everyone too. This last year has been rough one with lots of ups and downs with the grieving process. The tub has been on the back burner more than I would like, and have had bad thoughts to get rid of it more than once, but its been great therapy when I need it, and have made some great friends because of it, and will make some great memories when the fam can cruise around in it. The list continues to grow of the people that have helped me out that I'm so grateful for their help. With the ups and downs it seems like the mood of the day changes too, and I have gotten some weird ideas to veer off the traditional path with the tub, but I keep coming back straight and true. The tub does make me think of Parker a lot. When she was in the hospital and my wife was with her, I had to stay home to man the fort, not miss work, and take care of our pup, It was my go to distraction... The dash and gauges were the direct result of a nervous mind when they were away. The tub gets closer and closer every day. A piece here, a part fabricated there.. I'm thing 2018 will be the year of the tub, and if not 2018, maybe 2019;) Hopefully I will have more to post here soon. The frame is the next thing I would like to tackle. I would like upgrade the 2x4's to metal motor mounts, and get everything fully welded before winter. Will see.

Stogy, tommyflathead, brEad and 4 others like this.
  29. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

What's not to like:)

biggeorge, brEad and jalopykid like this.
  30. 32 4door

32 4door

Love it !!

jalopykid and Dago 88 like this.