Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical identify what's buried on the beach *excavation has begun!*

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tb33anda3rd, Jun 28, 2017.

1. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

If you see some men in white coats packing a canvas jacket with lots of belts and straps on it..........RUN in the opposite direction!:). It looks you two kids have had a lot of fun at the beach this week.

Bruce Fischer and tb33anda3rd like this.
  2. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Want to find a bunch of Model A`s? Just check out the beach between Vero Beach and the Ft Pierce inlet.On Florida`s east coast.IIRC,there are probably about a dozen or more that Mother Nature ate.Might even get lucky and find some Spanish treasure,too.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

Deuces, Bruce Fischer and tb33anda3rd like this.
  3. 28 Ford PU

28 Ford PU
    from Upstate NY

I bet that Buick belonged to the Howe's. Gilligan parked it there and they all jumped on the S.S. Minnow

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. Man I am worried about you!:confused: This is what you do on vacation? It's the same thing you do every day at home!:rolleyes:
    If you keep it I think the wheels should be Red!:p Tell Donna she's a good woman!;) My wife would have made her way back to the bar long before digging for rust in the sand while on vacation. Don't tell her I said that.:oops:

brEad, Paul B, slim38 and 2 others like this.
  5. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for the pics.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  6. ok, armed with a borrowed pair of channel locks and a torch, we found in the shed at the rental house, we set out. Dug a little more then heated the cap up. after a couple tries it came off. IMG_0320.JPG IMG_0328.JPG IMG_0330.JPG IMG_0334.JPG IMG_0336.JPG

Deuces, ravedodger, DBruce and 16 others like this.
  7. slim38, chryslerfan55, bct and 2 others like this.
  8. I think I see Mike and Frank coming!:rolleyes:

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  9. Didja' get crabs yet Ted ?? Look kinda' itchy.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  10. then we dug a little more, took off the cotter pin and nut. then worked the wheel off. even after all this time in the sand the bearings were all greasy and would have still worked. IMG_0331.JPG IMG_0337.JPG IMG_0338.JPG IMG_0343.JPG IMG_0344.JPG IMG_0351.JPG

11. hah, they were delicious!
    "the sea was angry that day my friend, like an old man trying to send soup back at a deli" IMG_0038.JPG

12. rush549

rush549
    from Kansas

That's not where he's buri... Oop's, Nevermind...

Deuces, chryslerfan55 and tb33anda3rd like this.
  13. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It IS your father's Buick! Beats the heck outta building sand castles. Hope you find the rest of her.

14. Good luck bringing that wheel home in the overhead compartment. Customs would assume only the best, I'm sure!

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  15. GregCT.

GregCT.
    from CT.

you look like a happy dog that found his grandfather's long lost buried bone.

natedeville and tb33anda3rd like this.
  16. billsat

billsat

Took me a second or two to get that one, but I must say that is a good one! Somewhere Charlton Heston is getting a chuckle.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  17. old1946truck

old1946truck

That's awesome kinda makes you wonder how the frame got there in the first place.

tb33anda3rd and iwanaflattie like this.
  18. In the "old days", cars were allowed to park on beaches. Someone just got careless, I'll bet. Maybe didn't think the tide would come in as quick as it did?

Deuces and tb33anda3rd like this.
  19. Watch Egay for a antique wheel & hubcap, just needs some light rust removed & a spoke replaced. Easy fix.

Deuces, deadbeat and tb33anda3rd like this.
  20. The37Kid

The37Kid

That T chassis would make for a great TROG beach racer project!. Bob

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  21. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Anyone gives you a hard time about what you're doing, just tell them you're practicing your putting, and trying to get out of the sand trap. How soon before the tide comes to reclaim it's Buick? I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

22. Most people go to the beach to get some sun or build sand castles :cool:
    Nice work!

Deuces and tb33anda3rd like this.
  23. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

your wife must be much more understanding than my significant other would be.

24. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

CLR that and put a coat of clear over it to preserve the patina, drive as is.

weps and tb33anda3rd like this.
  25. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

You can't take the hubcap! How will the next guy know what he's found??

26. 28 Ford PU

28 Ford PU
    from Upstate NY

My wife would of taken the Radio Shack metal detector away from me long ago. The only time you would hear it beep is when it picked up the flush handle.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  27. there was a kid who just graduated high school watching. he was so excited when i asked him if he wanted the wheel.
    "oh cool!, i am going to hang it in my room, thanks!"
    and off he went.........
    it would be cool if the frame or something could be used for a trog car........it does seam right at home on the beach:cool:.
    i think there are still a couple hubcaps on it. the car is above the high tide line right now but i am sure the wind will cover it back up soon.
    i think this was an old car dump and back in the thirties this may not have been "on" the beach. the island erodes feet per year.

28. if any one wants to know how to find it, take the ferry out to Nantucket, head west to Madeket beach. once on the beach head east 1/4 mile, can't miss it........ IMG_0069.JPG IMG_0029.JPG

Deuces, dwollam, ravedodger and 21 others like this.
  29. Very fun thread! I chuckled when I saw the sculpture.

ravedodger and tb33anda3rd like this.
  30. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice you gave it to him, now go surfing !

5window and tb33anda3rd like this.