Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Panhard bar causing vibration

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 56KUSTOM, May 29, 2017.

1. My buddy put a panhard bar on his '33 Ford coupe and now he has a vibration starting at 55mph. Anyone have this problem?

2. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Maybe it was always there but now more pronounced with the solid connection. On the front? Out of round or balance tire, wheel or drum?

3. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

Did you guys try disconnecting the panhard bar again to make sure the vibration isn't still there? I agree with LS&A, it is something being aggravated by the tighter frame to suspension connection. Bill

4. Hatchet

Hatchet

Can you provide more details/pics?

5. dan31

dan31

Probably just telegraphing something from a u-joint,driveshaft,ect

6. Front or rear?

7. Check the bushings on the bar.

8. robtlor

robtlor
    from Lincoln NE

U joints or bent drive shaft

9. Sorry, it is in the front wheels. He had previously had the drive shaft cut balanced and had new u joints. There was no vibration at that time. I will have him check the wheel balancing for starters. Thanks

10. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

Just a stupid question, when he installed the panard rod did he make sure the car was at ride height and suspension loaded? I know it's stupid but I've had cars in the shop that have had people welded and bolted parts on with the car jacked up and then couldn't figure out why it sat out of level or road really hard.