Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage What's your plans for the 4th of July?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jun 28, 2017.

1. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Here in Redlands, our local church has a car and motorcycle show on the Fourth.
    The first 100 cars get free In & Out lunch, did I mention they have In & Out show up in their traveling restaurant?
    There is music, games for the kids, and no preaching.
    You see this is a car based church, they have Tuesday night Bible study and car building, in the Men's Room is a former full blown 426 hemi on a stand, and the art in the lobby is a 32 Ford AA flat bed with Orange Grove memorabilia on the flat bed.
    The name of the Church is The Packing House Church because they started in an old Orange packing house. But have now expanded to a large complex. The Pastor has two roadsters, one patina flathead and the other a blown street rod, his daily driver is a flamed 58 Chevy truck.

3W JOHN, ladyhrp, Montana1 and 2 others like this.
  2. Go to NJ to see my kids and see the youngest get promoted to Master Sergeant, USAF. I'll work on the car later.

The37Kid, 3W JOHN, ladyhrp and 2 others like this.
  3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

check out a small car show in Lodi, CA on 4th

3W JOHN, ladyhrp and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  4. Rodders

Rodders

I will be working it's my shift day at the firehouse.

5. RHRH3P

RHRH3P
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Rocky (and any other HAMBers) T&A Flathead and I will be at GG Des Moines. We both had to miss last year due to work obligations so it kinda sucked we missed out on our one big trip we try to do together each year. I'll be in my red and white 56 Ford Victoria and Tim in his light blue 49 Ford Coupe. Look us up if you're in town!

6. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Watch the Dublin fireworks from our back porch!
    Hate crowds and this year the entertainment is Peter Frampton, and I am not a fan!
    Have a Great 4th, and thank God for the freedom we have!
    KK

7. A new cruse-in here.

9 AM -11PM,that make for a long day. HRP

[​IMG]

8. Schwanke Engines

Schwanke Engines

Relax and enjoy a weekend off. Back to the 50's was crazy last week and put us behind so going to enjoy a weekend with the kids before we put the hammer down again after the holiday.

Sent from my XT1585 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. You'll have to forgive me but ,umm , that's nothing to sneeze at

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. Koz

Koz

Blowing my roadster apart for chassis paint. Would love to have it together in a week or so to hear what it sounds like.

11. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

I'm in the local community band, and we do a very traditional concert with fireworks in the park. 1812 Overature, Stars and Stripes Forever, all the classics. So, I'll be up on stage, watching the reflection of the explosions going off behind us, just like every year.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

12. Going to Fletcher on Friday, then Rev War reenactment at Sycamore Shoals/Ft. Watauga on Saturday, then Sons of American Revolution patriot grave marking on the 4th. Whew!

13. What instrument do you play? HRP

3W JOHN and ladyhrp like this.
  14. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

The first 6 hrs of the 4th I will be doing the 2nd half of my 12hr shift. 6pm-6am. The last 6 hrs I will be working the 1st half of my 12 hr shift. 6pm-6am. All at double time and a half. In between I will sleep and try to get a little something done.Nature of the job and sometimes we work holidays. Water Treatment doesnt take holidays off.

15. panicmike

panicmike

Just got a new house with a big garage - I'm moving on up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

16. Hotroddon.GOOD LUCK with your surgery buddy.Bruce.

17. Snipe a early HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!Bruce.

18. Eordors.I just bought a new one to replace the old one for the 4th.Bruce. 001.JPG

The37Kid, Muttley, wraymen and 6 others like this.
  19. greybeard360

greybeard360

Me.... I am just going to put a 20 lb brisket on the smoker and sit back and watch it. Of course that means putting it on at 10 pm, getting up every few hours to check the heat. Gonna be a long night. Should be done around 5 pm.

Sent from my Moto G Play using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. Hopefully my front rubber brake hoses will be in {I ordered} for the 56 Chrysler Windsor, and I hope I can replace them with my shoulder still hurting. Then a cook out with friends at our mountain top cabin, and than when it gets dark watch the fire works from Dolly Wood and Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg and all the tourist shooting them off in the mountains. We have a great view from our mountain top home for that. HAPPY 4 th to you all. UPDATE the front brake hoses came in yesterday. I replaced them both and bled the brake system. The car stops a LOT better{no grabbing of the left front brake} and I have a good high brake pedal. Now I am going to tape her up for the final primer and sealer. I just hope I can hold the paint gun. Bruce.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  21. Going to OH to see our brand new grandson! Hopefully we will get there in time for the fireworks cruise-in on the evening of the 3rd. ;)

22. ruben solis

ruben solis

23. Chasing a "cuts-off-at-idle " issue that popped up on the roadster last weekend....Got me dead in the water til I get it solved..
    Several local fireworks events that are usually great...Guess this year it'll be in the wifeys cushy OT daily driver...
    At least we live in the greatest country on the planet !!!
    Happy 4th to all...
    Stan

24. Have a great 4th everyone. Thanks Bruce for reminding me to put up our flag. Everyone have fun and stay safe 4th. We are blessed to live in the greatest nation. God bless the USA! 20170629_082639.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

The37Kid, Muttley, Montana1 and 7 others like this.
  25. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

26. aaggie

aaggie

I just got home from a Bucket List trip on my motorcycle so I will be washing off 5834 miles of bugs and dirt. Other than that it is just another day in Paradise.

27. Something my club ( Rods & Customs of Buffalo )does every 4th of July weekend is to visit the graves of two of our members who have passed away. We meet for breakfast, then on to the cemetery. This year after we pay our respects we will be taking a tour of the Pierce Arrow Museum in Buffalo,N.Y.

28. Sounds like the old Iron Butt Tour. HRP

3W JOHN, ladyhrp and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  29. I have a party here on the 3rd, family, friends, my crew chief on the coupe and best friend. He brings his family and grand children. Fire works that the town puts on, and hot rod rides. My crew chiefs grand daughter is only 6 years old and loves my hot rod, she gets her ride, and even sits in it during the party. Have a great 4th everybody.

Montana1, wraymen, 3W JOHN and 3 others like this.
  30. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Congratulations on the new grandson!