Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects What!!? another 27 on 32 chassis!??. Scratch build body.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Mindover, Jun 5, 2011.

1. It's nice to see you back at it David!

2. Agreed nice to see this one back up.

3. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

I two am glad you haven't forgot us, Really enjoy your build thread on the T.
    Any progress on the T build video ?
    Also i'm trying to figure how you made the front crossmember out of only two pieces?
    Thanks
    Joe

4. Remco66

Remco66
    from London

Great to see you posting again David and liking the chassis work. Hope to see more soon

5. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Thank you all, I appreciate the comments, it's taken me far longer to do this than I ever anticipated. Good to have a bit of encouragement.

Here are some more photos of the chassis work....

This is the cut out for the pedals. (The chassis is upside down here)

[​IMG]

And a shot of the chassis almost done...

[​IMG]

David

dos zetas, Dean Lowe, slv63 and 6 others like this.
  6. Gojeep

Gojeep
    from Australia

Great to see you posting again David. :)

7. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Nice to see you have a chance to work on the car again. Love your attention to detail.

8. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

David!! Get after it, Man! Neither of us is getting any younger...( Spoken by a fellow that had a milestone Birthday just a couple of days ago....:eek::eek::oops::rolleyes::D )

Seriously--Glad to see you back on it again. Looking forward to progress....

9. louisb

louisb

Good to see som progress on this one.

--louis

10. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate the support. Anyway next I got into cleaning stuff, Who knew my steering box would look so nice when it was cleaned of all the crap.

[​IMG]

Going to leave it an bare aluminium.

My Mate Glen and I with a little help from a mechanic friend of mine got the engine running again a couple of months ago so I recently cleaned it up and treated it to a coat of paint.

[​IMG]
    I have done a fair bit more but I have to upload some more photos.

David

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  11. hasty

hasty

Great to see the updates! Please keep them coming.

12. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Cheers, I have done quite a bit more on it and I will be working on it Friday if my mate Glen can manage to come over and help me.

13. I'm glad this bubbled back up. I had lost track of it. Subscribed for future updates!

14. oj

oj

One of my favorite Hamb threads, love the frame esp how you did the kickups in the rear. Great work.

15. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

im half way through your metal working dvd,I borrowed it from a friend im well impressed you make it look so easy.id like to know how you keep those jeans so clean if I had a pair that clean id be wearing them to the pub

brEad likes this.
  16. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Glad you think the DVD is good, not being funny but I state on the DVD that it should not be loaned or hired. I spent a lot of time money and effort producing the dvd and if people lend or give it to others I don't get paid for all my hard work. I am sure you would not be happy to work for nothing.
    If you want to buy your own copy its available from www.metalshapingzone.com

Yep my jeans don't stay clean for long either, I kept a new pair just for filming.

David

dos zetas likes this.
  17. dos zetas

dos zetas

yes indeed- the work and expense making those, which shared your skills which are hard-earned, should be paid for.

18. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

I think you will find that once you have sold the video you cant stop people loaning it .,i find it highly unlikely that a guy with your skills will be going hungry anytime soon
    all the best chris

19. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Some people just don't think about the fact that they are undermining the ability of someone like me to produce such things I guess - I am not Sony corporation.

Anyway back to the build. I spent time cleaning up everything I needed to paint in order to begin assembling my rolling chassis.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More soon.

David

20. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Doesn't make it right. Its about fairness. and I work bloody hard and I am never going to get rich hammering on metal all day. I put a lot at risk to make the DVD, spent money I didn't have, worked many, many weeks on it. I supply the information on the DVD to one person who paid for the rights to that information not for everyone he knows to get information they did not pay for. Its why I will not produce more.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    ChuckleHead_Al, oj and dos zetas like this.
  21. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Back to my build.
    I had my chassis sandblasted and painted - perhaps I should not have paid for it cos the guys got skills and will never go hungry, but he did a good job and I was pleased with the results....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    so I paid him
    Cheers David

22. dos zetas

dos zetas

Very nice frame, takes a deal of patience, skill, and metal working knowledge to make the basis of your car to be so very fine.
    Those are hard earned skills, showing others how to do such work can be satisfying. But if you are having your instructional information stolen, it would be discouraging.
    I wonder if people would shoplift a book of your instructions, justifying it by "sharing" it with outhers.
    Further, I have learned a lot just from the pictures and information you've posted gratis here- thank you for that.

brEad and AmishMike like this.
  23. maxakarudy

maxakarudy
    from UK

Well said mate,couldn't agree more :)

Good to see you posting again

24. David. I am so sorry to hear that you will not make another DVD.. I purchased 2 copies from you years ago. one for me and one for a friend. I have been waiting and in contact with you over the past few years waiting for the next one.. Don't have to wait any longer hearing that it won't happen!. On the good news side, I got a clearance from my doctor, that I am now cancer free, so as my strength regains, I may be able to go out to the shed and start practicing from the DVD.. I follow your YT posts and am subscribed to your web page.. I still have the greatest admiration for your work and the sense of fairness that you have always portrayed

brEad, charleyw and cactus1 like this.
  25. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Well now photo bucket have screwed this thread up this may be my last post. Unless I can see a way to easily rebuild and insert the photos. Photo bucket could at least have given some notice.

David

26. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

That's too bad. Anyone who never saw your work in this thread, missed out.

This is becoming a big problem for a bunch of threads on many forums, David.
    It would have been a technically simplistic task for them (Photobucket) to notify people. Poor support.

We trust I.T. way too much to "be there" for us.
    I stopped trusting it in the 80's... just after I started working in I.T. --- in the 80's.

27. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

You can just upload your pictures directly to the thread here

28. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

David,, Thanks for that bit of information about photo bucket, I was in the mindset that something was wrong with me and or my computer. Like you say would have been nice for some kind of notice.

29. Please at least just continue to post your progress here. As stated above you can just post pics directly to the HAMB pretty easily even if you don't go back and fill in the original images. Cheers!

slv63 likes this.
  30. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

What cactus 1 said. Please keep this thread alive for our continued education. Love seeing how you do this.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app