Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loudbang

loudbang

Magwinders competition LOL

Jack Crisman & Joe Maillard

Jack Chrisman  Joe Maillard.JPG

2. Steffen Jobst

Steffen Jobst

My English ist too bad. What does HUAC mean?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  4. Steffen Jobst

Steffen Jobst

5. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The House Un-American Activities Committee (HUAC) was created in 1938 to investigate alleged disloyalty and subversive activities on the part of private citizens, public employees, and those organizations suspected of having Communist ties.

a.k.a. Sarcasm.

6. olio mattore

olio mattore

actually,i enjoy seeing the foreigns with American styling cues,shape,etc.....recently we had a little GM car being sling lifted on a dock and it sure looked like a 53 buick that'd been left in the dryer too long...so I fully agree with the mid-60's cut-off, some of the foreign are fascinating in that regard and many were seen in the US and always attracted attention in that regard.....GM babies like Holden,Opel,Vauxhall,etc...the MoPar Simcas,Aussie variations,etc.....Fords.................just my two pennies...

I also love seeing the clays and concepts,as this is what our 60's dreams were filled with...
    a few chicks don't hurt either..

but thanks to all...groovy stuff and this is the one thread I look at daily,and it made me dig out our family's old picture albums for material...love the actual pix by our dads.etc.....keep em coming!!!
    happy motoring

7. fnqvmuch

fnqvmuch

not meant to be sarcastic - in all serious respect for this thread and the forum - just a handle for taking the 'un-american', etc., elsewhere - like Steffen's Graphics has had room made for it.

8. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I wonder if whoever ran and told Ryan bothered to contact Steffen directly and ask him what's up with the Saab's before calling him out. Getting Steffen's account threatened over something that could have been corrected by Steffen without involving Ryan is how it should have been taken care of.

9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I am starting to think a lot of you guys have no clue as to what the HAMB is about maybe? I'm guessing some of you just use this thread alone and don't really use the HAMB as it was intended?

In any case, we focus on pre-65 styled hot rods and customs here. We don't focus on foreign cars or anything outside of that very limited segment. I've let this thread stray a bit as it can be interesting... But airplanes, pinups, foreign cars, foreign airplanes, Nazis, etc... is just going too far.

Please keep it on topic fellas. If "on topic" stuff is not your thing or you don't really understand what the HAMB is, maybe find another forum that focuses on your interests.

10. I admit I post a lot on this thread because I got hooked on it. I try post elsewhere every now and then when I have something useful to share or maybe add some harmless humor.
    Thanks for this site Ryan.

Scramboleer, rudestude, Xman and 5 others like this.
  11. Ghostcruiser

Ghostcruiser
    from NE Florida

And we do appreciate it, Bomb. :)

I have other vintage forums I visit also, but this is the only one with such a variety, and which features old American autos.

Rob

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  12. jerry-lee

jerry-lee
    from france

If one of you find, or create a new thread where we can post any old car from any place in the world, thanks for notifying.

Viet-Nam, Australia, Netherlands, Germany, France, Italy, Canada … and all the others countries in the world allow to discover many car wealth of the past.

Ok, they aren't "on-topic", understood.

13. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

It would be deleted... because, again, we don't cover that stuff here.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. Steffen Jobst

Steffen Jobst

Sorry for the trouble.
    Only a few words from me, because I am named here.
    I absolut respect this forum and the the pre65-rules.
    I also respect these line in building my car and I like the idea to seperate from all the stuff that came later to make it something special and to keep Hot Rod Culture traditional.
    Sometimes I didn't realize the border because specially in this thread there are often off-topic pics.
    So I posted some stuff that was off topic, too.
    So @Ryan told me: No Nazis.
    I didn't wanted to promote Nazi-Shit. I only wanted to show some technical stuff used in 1933-1945.
    So I made this disclaimer sticker you see at the end.
    Now Ryan told me: No Nazis, no airplanes, no Europe.
    And that's okay for me. Sorry for the missunderstanding.

It was never my interest to post off-topic.
    And I am absolutley not interested in a thread where you can post everything you want.
    I only posted the stuff because I thought it would be interssting to see also cars from Germany pre 65.
    Perhaps also because I grew up with Opel in Opel City - a brand bought by GM in 1929. So for me there was always a relationship between these two car worlds.
    I grew up with Opel GT and Opel Kadett wich you know in Gasser-Style as Buick Opel.
    And I posted the Saab planes only to give an idea what Saab stands for. And only as a response to another post before and because I know, that Saab was sold in the US.
    I thought it would be interesting, that they started building planes and then cars. Something you see in the cars. Whenever you have the chance to look under a Saab - it's a total other kind of engineering. A little kind of hotrodding
    But I didn't want to offend someone.
    I think my idea about "off-topic" in a very limited segment and the usefull look outside this segment to see releationships, historic developements are others. It's too much to explain.
    So, don't be angry.
    I respect and understand your idea about "focus on pre-65 styled hot rods and customs" and excuse me for this long text.

Attached Files:

bramdax, Scramboleer, eeeorr and 4 others like this.
  15. Steffen Jobst

Steffen Jobst

And now - after my posting accidents - back to some "VINTAGE SHOTS FROM DAYS GONE BY": Bildschirmfoto 2017-05-01 um 16.53.19.png

16. Ghostcruiser

Ghostcruiser
    from NE Florida

Hey, even I like an occasional dose of a wartime Mercedes 540k or 770, every now and again. ;)

Rob

eeeorr and Steffen Jobst like this.
  17. Not 100% sure, but, I'm pretty sure these are from the dragstrip at the Oklahoma State Fairgrounds. Couldnt tell you the year though, way before my time.

Bomb and biggeorge like this.
  18. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

WOW! Your last two Posts really knocked it out of the park!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  19. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The only improper photos here are the car ads from magazines and the like... They have their own thread and should stay there. I like them but they don't belong here.....rant over..TY

eeeorr, rumblegutz and Steffen Jobst like this.
  20. abc123

abc123

CEH01_01_56.jpg
    Here's a pic of me at age two in the back of Dad's '55 Buick. I've always liked those factory pin striped wheels — it would be nice to see more of that on custom striped rods and customs. That bald spare couldn't have been much more than a year old at the time the photo was taken on Jan. 1, 1956.

21. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

If you haven't already you might want to check out the "Let's Talk Cycle Cars" thread . Apparently everything there falls within the above criteria. :confused:

22. I like the stop sign.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  23. Those of you bitching, go to another site, Ryan if the continue, delete their accounts.
    No F'n Saabs please!
    [​IMG]

24. The original Mysterion
    [​IMG]

hotrd32 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  25. The 1964 Barris "Calico Surfer". Looks suspiciously like it became the "Surf Woody" later!
    [​IMG]

26. Uh...........well,...........er......
    [​IMG]

27. AY CARUMBA!
    Never saw a "custom" 'Vette that looked better than stock.
    Some fiberglass company made these noses for years.Always thought they were just ugly.
    To each their own!
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.