Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Flathead Parts. What are these???

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by GreaserJosh13, Jun 25, 2017.

1. GreaserJosh13

GreaserJosh13
    from Chino

Hey guys. I'm cleaning up my shed & I have a bunch of flathead stuff, but I'm not quite sure what their for or what year they came from. Here's some pics. I believe the oil pans are from early flatheads because of there shape. I know the yellow piece is some type of trans adapter. For what I don't know. I literally have zero clue for the chrome pieces. Any help identifying this stuff would be great. Thanks. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The first picture is the stamped '49-'50/early round pattern '51 Mercury 1/2 bell. Next is a one piece pan that will fit '35-'47 truck/'48 car. Next is a two piece truck pan that will fit '35-'47 truck/'48 car, just not sure what year they came out. Last look like bumper tips, not sure what years.

3. Cliff Ramsdell

Cliff Ramsdell

The bell housing is kinda useless without the starter plate, unless you have a plate and need just the bell housing.

Check out this link, best collection of info on the subject, http://www.flatheadv8.org/bellhousing.pdf

Cliff Ramsdell

GreaserJosh13 and Texas Webb like this.
  4. inthweedz

inthweedz

The stainless items look like stone guards, located on the front, lower area of rear guards of the 50s vehicles.. No idea what make or model tho.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    GreaserJosh13 likes this.

5. Budget36

Budget36

Isn't that a sought after BH adapter for FH 8ba toT-5 conversions? I don't know about the missing part, but surely not useless?

6. GreaserJosh13

GreaserJosh13
    from Chino

I think I have the starter plate. I might have 2 actually. I'll have to check. Is there any value to the 2 oil pans. Seems to me that when you buy a motor you usually get the pan. I'm trying to unload some of the stuff that I have no use for.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

7. Budget36

Budget36

A lot of pans are pretty beat up so yes, yours do have some value, not get rich value, but dinner for the family at AppleBees value, do a search on the Early V8 for sale section at fordbarn, you'll get a pretty good idea of what to ask for them.

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The pans won't make you rich but they do have a bit of value I'd think. Someone who's pan came with a big dent in it for one reason or another or other damage is probably looking at them pondering which one will clean up the best.

9. GreaserJosh13

GreaserJosh13
    from Chino

I'm really not trying to get rich. Ha ha. Just trying to make a few bucks to help me get what I need while getting some of this stuff into the hands of some guys that need it Thanks fellas.

10. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Useless additional info! I believe the upper pan has the accessory magnetic drain plug; lower is standard.

11. 5window

5window

No information is useless-some is just worth more to the recipient that others.

12. deucemac

deucemac

The Merc bellhousing only takes 9 or 10" clutches. You would need a cast iron truck unit to accept an 11" clutch.

302GMC likes this.
  13. Never2low

Never2low

I doubt anyone here has ever quantified anything you have to say as "useless", Bruce.
    I know I haven't.;):)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  14. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

I gave $40.00 for an oil pan just like yours last fall. Fair for both parties

Sent from my SM-G900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

15. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

i have a french block and bought a pan like that for it. so, there probably are others out there who need one!

16. The pan with the removable bell area is worth some money...I'd ask 75-100 for it

17. GreaserJosh13

GreaserJosh13
    from Chino

Sold the 2 piece pan for $80. Now I just need to sell the other pan. I don't need it & it's just taking up valuable real estate in my shed. I'm sure it will get bought eventually. Thanks guys.

18. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

you might try some of the flathead shops I.E. H & H Flathead, the Early Ford Store, etc.