Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Border Bandits Gas class builds to the Southeast Gassers rules.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by II FUNNY, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Awesome pic Tony. Yea that's good compared to what it was on Friday night at least it wasn't pumping a quart of oil out sitting there lol

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

sonic03bluegt, loudbang and Dog_Patch like this.
  2. I want to know if anyone got a video of Quick N Dirty making a hard right after that and trying to get into your lane :rolleyes: the old lady gave me hell when I got back to the pits :D

Hang'emHigh and loudbang like this.
  3. Yea I know the feeling. My old lady gets on me everytime the car gets a little out of the groove to lol

Pufff, powrshftr, Hang'emHigh and 3 others like this.
  4. BOTH!

5. Well just as my luck has been this entire build I shipped the rockers to T&D and on the way out there the post office thought it would be ok to tear a huge hole in the box and loose 5 rockers. Trying to deal with the post office to find them is a joke they are worthless and I will never ship anything through them again. I have wasted at least 9 hrs on the phone with them trying to find them and got no where and everyone passes me off to someone else just a complete runaround. All I got from them was they are mailing me $100 for my inconvenience. And the 11 rockers that made it to T&D were tested and they found nothing wrong on there end but 2 more rockers were out of round and need to be completely replaced. they said I have something seriously wrong with my motor there parts don't just break like that. They have never seen a rocker even break like mine did but nothing is wrong with there product but i dont have any bent valves or nothing doesnt add up to me. The thing I don't get is how the rocker body itself gets out of round when they have a brass bushing though it? But whatever it's only another $1400 to get them fixed after buying 5 more that the post office lost and 3 others that were junk. So I guess every 50 passes I'll have to check the rockers to make sure they are not junk again. Stuff like this makes this not fun so now I have $3900 in my rockers that only have maybe 50 passes on them.

Pufff, Dog_Patch, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  6. Dog_Patch and loudbang like this.
  7. 91whitestang

91whitestang
    from Wisconsin

Hang in there, the money part sure does suck and the bad luck is even worse but the overall build of the car and the motor are a museum show piece that you can be very proud of. They always say things will get better, your time has to be coming soon enough.

Sent from my SM-G955U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. Talk to tricky steve about t and d products. He was so dissapointed with their junk he made his own.

Dog_Patch and loudbang like this.
  9. Thanks Big E I got a letter from the post office yesterday so it pissed me off about the hole deal again I'm good now that I got my rant out. Lol

91whitestang likes this.
  10. I will have to talk to Steve about that. I have 12 original cammer rockers and I'm on the hunt for 4 matching ones and I'll probably rebuild them and sell the junk T&D's I'm not convinced they won't be trouble again

11. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

Your way more patient than I would be, I woulda gave up long ago and threw in the towel, hell after mine flinging the belt off twice I was ready to scrap it lol.... carma will hopefully bite a few of these people with terrible customer serivice in the ass, and soon enough all your hard work and perseverance will pay off............ can't wait to see it when it happens !!!!

12. What is the spring pressure open? I know my Missile rockers are about 3x that thickness. I was concerned about running 1000lbs open pressure this year, but so far so good. Missile also said we are not going past the max pressure yet for his rockers, wonder if T&D knows what their max is?

13. Don't know what my open pressure is. I asked my engine guy last time I talked to him he was gonna look back on his notes and let me know. When i originally got the heads they showed up with no paperwork on them so we didnt know what anything was. Your missile rockers are also aluminum these are steel that's why they are not as thick.

14. quicksilverart46

quicksilverart46

I love it. those Southeast Gassers RULE!! You are lucky to be a part of those races!

Dog_Patch likes this.
  15. quicksilverart46

quicksilverart46

rear bumper only

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

16. quicksilverart46

quicksilverart46

Those 5/8" studs RULE!! I will never go back to those stupid 1/2 stud shoulder nuts again. so much easier to change wheels , unbreakable and look mean too!

17. quicksilverart46

quicksilverart46

My buddy Robert and I are working on a S. Calif. Gasser bash . Its going to be tough as there are only three strips and rent is very pricy plus in order to get enough cars we have to allow the stupid boring slush box automatics in. I'm hoping if enough people see the spectacular launches of the clutch cars we may get more interest in building and running a stick Gasser. There are lots of Street Freaks out here and it's beginning to ruin the Gasser movement here in California. It appears that peer pressure is keeping the no go street rod stance going strong . They are all either too lazy or too brainwashed to run a stick let alone ever take a trip down the strip.

II FUNNY and Dog_Patch like this.
  18. Mikeszcz

Mikeszcz
    from Winona, Mn

Does Jesel make a rocker for this motor?

19. ClOckwOrk444

ClOckwOrk444

what kind of HP are guys in D/Gas putting out to run the number? how about transmissions? is everyone running a $$$$ jerico or can you get away with a muncie or toploader??? The rules seem pretty cut and dry but it seems like you gotta have deep pockets to go play. sorry to hijack your thread, juts dont know where else to ask :) hope to see some of these cars at the meltdown at rock falls, i quit racing (my sled) there after the bike guys whined..... ha

20. quicksilverart46

quicksilverart46

Agreed ! Don Nowell's 37 is also for sale . Don knows where it is

21. Not that I'm aware of. Haven't looked into it though. T&D makes steel and aluminum and when I bought my steel ones Robert Pond highly recommended the steel over the aluminum because the aluminum has way more deflection than the steel. I understand parts fail all the time but I would have thought they should last longer than 60 passes

22. quicksilverart46

quicksilverart46

23. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

Not sure on hp numbers but I switched from a Muncie to Jericho because of reliability reasons, mines kinda budget friendly I bought my Jericho used cheaper than a newer m22 and stronger I run c gas not too sure on d gas I know there's a few muncies in d gas though ...

24. Maybe @Higgy's Henry can comment on D/G hp and trans - I know Skull Garage guys use a regular factory trans and clutch but have broken a few. When I started it was all one class and in the long run, buying stout parts at the start is cheaper than breaking and upgrading. Get a RAM sintered Iron clutch, a Jerico used is $2500 and if that's too steep, try buying stock tranny's and breaking them, get a chromoly drive shaft and yokes, get a strong rear chunk - no stock iron Ford 9" or Summit $300 cases, 35 spline axles for A/G and maybe C/G, 31 for D/G. Then you're only fighting engine issues. We probably need a "who broke what" list and almost always its stock parts. Its a hard sport for parts but I sold 2 hot rods and use my gasser more than the other cars ever got used. Money well squandered for me anyway :D

25. Don Nowells '37 Gasser. Any more info ? Pics ?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  26. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Try Snakeman Enterprises in Cleveland Tennessee He sells a ton of Ford stuff. He might accidentally have the rockers

strokedstang331 likes this.
  27. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

There is only one car running under the 7.249 seconds. Double XX. I have qualified 5th and then 4th at the last two races(if I can remember correctly) and I am running a tired old roundy round motor that doesnt make 400HP. I've used the Wallaceracing.com calculators with my times/MPH/weight and don't come close to 400HP. What I do know is that I don't want to break after driving 8 to 10 hrs to go to a race so I've put in a used Hightower trans and run a nodular Ford 9" with 31 splines. My driveshaft I had made up 3 1/2" chromo with 1330/1350 u joints. You could probably get away with less stout gear but why.

Dog_Patch and beebee78 like this.
  28. southcross2631

southcross2631

$ 3900.00 in your rockers ! Wow , I won't have that in my whole motor that I am building for my D/Gas
    car. I have 33 spline axles and a Liberty prepped top loader behind my 306 Ford.

29. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

It's a cammer they don't make parts for them like they do for a small block ford or chevy....... every thing for that motor is expensive especially when he has to buy everything 2 or 3 times cause people don't stand behind they're work or products. Jeff has THE worst luck of anyone I know lately I really hope it turns around for him he deserves it after all the shit he's been through !!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  30. ClOckwOrk444

ClOckwOrk444

thanks for the info guys. i hope i get to see the cammer and some of the others at rock falls!

Dog_Patch, 91whitestang and beebee78 like this.