Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1954 Pontiac Pathfinder build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by ColdPoncho, Jun 8, 2017.

1. ColdPoncho

ColdPoncho

Hey everybody, my names Nic, im 20 years old and this is my first build thread to be posted here. Im building a 1954 Pontiac pathfinder and figure its going to be more of a hot rod than a custom. I bought the car for $300 back in September with intentions of just getting it running, slamming it, and driving it. Not doing anything too crazy because it was a 4 door. But then I had the Idea of converting it to a 2 door. I tried selling it so I could try and buy a door door body instead but nobody wanted it.

So I found a couple of solid doors that came off a 2 door, and then started the conversion. I cut the posts out and[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] moved them back i think it was 6 1/2 inches or something like that. Then I cut the skins off the back doors and took I think it was something like 6 1/4 out of the front side off. Tacked those into place to cover up the gaping holes on the sides of the car. After that I cut out a section of each C-Pillar, then cut up the window frames off the back doors and tacked them onto the body. For the the finished/rolled edge on the c-pillars I cut out sections of the a-pillar part of the old front doors. So those will work on opposite sides of the car, I still have to cut them to make them fit. Im not going to have the back windows roll down, they are just going to be fixed.

For the look of the car im going for almost a moonshine runner look. Its going to be black with black steelies and baby moons. Im going to get the chrome trim from a two door that goes around the base of the roof and up around the window frames for it. Personally I think it needs a little something to break up all the black.

I have a couple sbc's and a th400 with a stage 3 shift kit sitting in my garage, so im going to go with that for the drivetrain. I just have to find a rear end and a driveshaft now.

dana barlow and chriseakin like this.
  2. ColdPoncho

ColdPoncho

I cant figure out why the first 4 pictures are sideways...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. ColdPoncho

ColdPoncho

Baumi and chriseakin like this.
  4. belair

belair

Good work. I like the direction of the build.

ColdPoncho likes this.

5. cmarcus

cmarcus

I'll be following! Love the idea for the look.

ColdPoncho likes this.
  6. jnr49

jnr49
    from australia
    1. Aussie HAMBers

great job...im keen to keep a watch on this build

ColdPoncho likes this.
  7. lot of work but you are making it look easy.....going to be a great ride...will be following along

ColdPoncho likes this.
  8. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Nice work ! 2door are cooler the more door. Looking like great fun! My fav. thing on those ,is the stainless steel racing strips run the center of hood n trunk,thats a mega cool design trim thing they did.

ColdPoncho likes this.