Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Mark I Mist show car found

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by fast Ed, Aug 12, 2008.

1. RichG

RichG

My point was, you're willing to still post snide, smartass, worthless comments... even after reading the post from the builders grandson... well, I guess we don't belong to the same school of thought. The kid shows class yet all you return with is crass. Nice.

Believe me, I can post snide, smartass, and worthless with the best of 'em, I just choose to do so where it seems appropriate, and to me it's not appropriate here, but that's just my opinion.

quick85 likes this.
  2. These cars are Icons of our hobby to be respected and treated as pieces of history. What gets to me is that some people have to be nasty and insulting. It takes very little to be civil and it is a shame that the family of a good man has to be subjected to all that.

quick85 likes this.
  3. nico32

nico32
    from fdl, wi

Agreed

4. Thanks Evel- x2.

A few fuddy- duddies here:p. Thacker/ Southard's 'Custom Cars of the 1950's' has a crisp frontal shot of the car at the 1960 Oakland show with a dapper Mr. Wilhelm. Car had super body & paint, judging by the excellent Southard shot.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  5. Like I said a couple years ago, a good percentage of this board hates full on customs, anything with more than a dechroming, lowering and maybe a chop is "ugly junk" ...

6. cabong

cabong

I'm glad that I did not see this thread when was active. All one needs to do is look at the avatars of the haters to see what their taste is........

Sancho and Surfcityrocker like this.
  7. cabong

cabong

Let's take this one step further for those who might be interested. When Joe passed back in '98, he owned the Mark Mist. It had been stored for many years. His widow, Marion, wanted to sell it, but at that time, customs did not bring much. I worked a three way deal between a fellow in Danville, CA, Kurt McCormick, and Mrs. Wilhelm. Kurt got the Cad, the fellow from Danville got the Mark Mist, and Mrs. Wilhelm got a new car. Those who don't know the car intimately know nothing about it's build. The bugger had Jag front suspension, a full bellypan, and the inside was to die for. It is small, by comparison, and meant to be similar to a European road with custom Ford styling. It was never painted black!!

8. metalshapes

metalshapes

Thanks for helping to save it Cabong.
    Whether its to everybodies taste or not is beside the point.

Its an important piece of Hot Rod /Custom history, and it needed to be preserved.

Sancho and HEMI32 like this.