Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Rules for hot rod registration,

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by sloppy jalopies, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

where I am its about A$100 even if there is a long weekend and they are shut and I'm a day late.......... (I watch way too much "Fargo" :) now I want to go to Minnesota )

2. hudson48

hudson48

In Queensland we have it pretty good. If you have concessional hot rod rego it is $219 a year but full rego costs the normal rate I think. The TAC I believe is getting a bit more draconian with rego requirements but I probably wouldn't build another hot rod(finished the roadster in June 2012). Now with the new rules called National Code of Practice it is easier to get a modified car(non hot rod) registered than before the code. I know from experience with the Hudson and the several years the bureaucrats put every obstacle in the way to get it registered. And then the NCOP is implemented and the same car that was rejected is approved. Nothing different on the vehicle. You do have to use an engineer and I have a good one.Now have three cars all on concessional for a total of $660 per year plus comprehensive insurance of course. Just hope that the TAC with all their wisdom don't go the permit route like in Vic and NSW. Log books and other bullshit involved. Now I can drive any of my cars with 15km radius for "Test and Tune". Other driving requires an "event" I am attending and that is easy to find, doesn't have to be a hot rod event.

Special Ed likes this.
  3. flatoz

flatoz

A couple of years ago when my kids were young I didn't take the roadster out much one year. I calculated that it cost me about $120 per each time it left the garage that year ( rego cost / drives):confused:

and that didn't even count petrol!

so be it, I'd prefer to pay that and drive my car 5-7 times a year than play golf any day of the week.

As I say, you have to pay to play, whether its building a car or enjoying it. we're the minority, they don't want the minority. Thats ok as long as I can still do what I want to do I'll pay for it. Can't think of what I would do otherwise:)

4. Schwanke Engines

Schwanke Engines

See I love Golf, I want to Drive My Obnoxious Loud Hot Rod to the Golf Course and play a round.

5. KRB52

KRB52
    from Conneticut

6. redwelter

redwelter

Hey 40Ply, I'm about 3 weeks away from needing my inspection and I'm kinda nervous. Not because I'm really worried about my work but because it's my first hot rod build and I've heard bad stories. Anything you can share about the process as I live in BC too? PM me if you want.

Thanks
    Randy

7. ron marchand

ron marchand