Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods LA ROADSTER SHOW

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Aussie 48, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Well, I'm out for tomorrow. Went to the So-Cal Speed Shop open house this afternoon, and on the way home from that the fuel pressure regulator decided to shit the bed and just started dumping massive amounts of fuel. It went from "hey I smell gas" to fuel blowing up onto the windshield in about 90 seconds. I shut if off immediately and coasted to the side of the road into some shade to check it out, and it was bad, real bad. I called AAA to take it home on the hook, but after waiting about 45 minutes for them to show I decided to screw them. A google search showed an Autozone about 1.3 miles away. I hated to do it, and knew it was a risk, but I opened up the fuel valve, fired it up and hauled ass over there, leaving a trail of fuel behind me all the way. Really not good. I borrowed some tools to remove the regulator, and replace it with a length of 5/16 fuel line, and limped it on home. There's no way to get a new regulator locally, will have to order one. I don't want to drive it like it is, I may install some hose barbs tomorrow to make the temporary fix more reliable, and then drive up on Sunday. Have fun tomorrow guys, and stay cool! (it's hot out there!)

ROCKER77 likes this.
  2. Sweeney

Sweeney

Booth 627 in Building 4, Western Racing Association.
    [​IMG]

deucemac, Blues4U and loudbang like this.
  3. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Happy Father's Day" , I always heard of the LA Roadsters Father's Day show and wanted to go but lived in NY and couldn't afford to fly out like my more affluent friends. When I lived in Flagstaff I decided I'm going! My son was about 3 and I got a friend to go with me. We drove to Phoenix got a flight to LA, had a rental car waiting, drove to the show which was fantastic, met a friend in LA went swimming in the pool. Drove back to the airport, flew to Phoenix and then drove back up to Flagstaff. What a great day. And today I'm driving down to Brooklyn to see my just born grandson, "Life is Good". I joined the ranks of "grandpa"

Pat
    [​IMG]
    patina
    King of the Hill

porkshop, KKrod and Special Ed like this.
  4. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

5. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

rod1 likes this.