Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The Classified Coupe

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by J.Ukrop, Jun 16, 2017.

1. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

J.Ukrop submitted a new blog post:

The Classified Coupe

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

edcodesign, Jet96, Tim and 3 others like this.
  2. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

Love the upward curling lower beadwork at the cowl...
    I do that on '30-'31 As, but only a slight curl, I use the front 16" of the longer '35-'36 tudor door patch panels... this leaves enough leftover panel to do the coupe's doors... beads match...

3. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Great recovery on the 32 I really like the wheel well save with the bead work.

And I hope you are bringing a but load of ice and liquids,,, record heat temps for the weekend of fun on asphalt.

4. I love that car

5. Great door gaps too.

6. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great lookn' coupe. Right on the money, as to picking a time scheme and sticking to it.

7. MAD 034

MAD 034
    from Washington

8. Totally bitchin.

9. Now... That's a Hotrod!

10. autobilly

autobilly

A great example of Moon discs "working" on a Hot Rod.

11. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Normally I lean towards the 3 window '32, but this car just plain all works together to give a mean, sister look that I like.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  12. shmoozo

shmoozo
    from Media, PA

Generally speaking, when I see a car featured here my thoughts begin with something akin to, "Yeah, that's really well done and I can't criticize the builder for anything I see, though I might have done a few things a little differently". Then I sit there scrutinizing the car and making a mental list of things I would have done differently. This car, I begin the same way, but my list ... just ... well ... I can't seem to come up with anything I would have done differently that would have been a better choice than the one the builder made. It might not be the car I would have built, but in this case that just proves I would have gotten some things wrong.

:cool:

houseofhotrods likes this.
  13. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

14. catdad49

catdad49

Straight from the "Little Books"! Have this one in my saved pics from somewhere, now I have the info to go with it. Thanks, Joey and enjoy the show.

15. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

Curt is an amazing builder/fabricator/finisher, the real and whole deal - built the majority of the Black Bomber and the House of Hotrods shop truck as well as some pretty cool other rides, also did the paint for me that is on the Fred Caine '40 Ford. This car was amazing sounding too, I have a couple small videos of it. I was smitten from the first time I saw it on the road. We had a blast doing the photo shoot, if anyone would like could post a couple pics from it? This one was a crazy one that came about when I was attempting an interior shot - not photoshopped in any way.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017