Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration {>Friday Art Show 06-16-2017 Vic Edelbrock RIP<}

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jigger, Jun 15, 2017.

1. To be on topic the batmoble is the 1955 Lincoln futura. Also my favorite 50s concept car.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  2. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

Thanks for your great work again. All of you contributors always amaze me with your High quality sketches and artwork.

3. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I know what you mean by capturing the right angle...I really prefer a quartering front or rear shot looking slightly upwards. Thanks to everyone for props and hints...it really helps me to see what others are seeing....thanks all

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jigger and chryslerfan55 like this.
  5. durbustweeb

durbustweeb

The sad thing is now that I've given such deep secrets away I have to send Guido out to make sure they stay secret. It makes me feel terrible but if everyone knew how I did things... Oh well. Sigh.

Jigger likes this.
  6. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

7. Ron , your dad has class riding what I believe is a 40 knucklehead. Blue

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  8. Lots of goodies on here this week fellas. I'm a bit of a late arrival but figured I would throw something in and hopefully keep the party going. Condolences to robber and the family and of course to the Edlebrock family. Vic was a hot rod hero and did some great things with the biz his dad founded and helped paved a way for its future. His work is done now, time to rest.

But there is no rest for the wicked, which is why you guys keep cranking things out for the FAS ! So, big props to all who contribute to this weekly shindig. Happy Fathers day to all you cool daddy-o's !

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  9. lanny haas

lanny haas
    from Phoenix AZ

They only made one, futura that is

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  10. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Actually, she's in the vise, Mate. Big moral difference...hereabouts...:eek:

Animal, Jet96, Jigger and 1 other person like this.
  11. Hi Robber, sorry to hear of your Mom's passing.
    Life is precious and as we all get to the pointy end, our mortality becomes more evident.
    Make the most of every day and embrace people who make a positive difference in your life.

12. My heart felt wishes and prayers to you Robber and the Edelbrok family.... Thank you for all you do to entertain us on Fridays and keeping our hobby going. Hobo Jim

Ron Funkhouser, Jigger and robber like this.
  13. Vise? Not here, nor in good ol' English England.. I checked my Collins, no vise there.. perhaps you are french?

150918GreymotorHot.jpg

Robber
    , condolences mate. My stepfather Neil Wilson passed on one month ago today. A great bloke in my life, we will keep, fix & run the engine he built for my brother, which I bought back from a sale in 1984. Neil could build a great lil' inline. Many fine memories and a much missed man.

14. durbustweeb

durbustweeb

Black and white are especially weird "colors" to put on a painting/drawing of a car. Way hard to do in marker, especially is the black with the contrast. However, as you experiment, think of black as the absorption of light and white as the reflection of light. What is the black "holding back" in those lighter areas? Whatever it might be holding back is influenced by the colors around the car, whether it be a blue sky, a red building, or a yellow car parked next to it. Perhaps the garage door, or the green grass... whatever it is, you're actually not getting black, but the absorption of all color except for what's reflecting off of it and what's around it. Therefore, instead of using black for your contrasts, play with using darker other colors, or make your black from the combination of other colors. With markers, black, like I said, is REALLY stinking hard. You might consider getting a set of Warm Grey or Cold Grey markers at around 80%, 60%, 40%, 20%, and 10%, and combine those with a very light shade of blue or yellow in those areas of subtle contrast.

The hardest part about markers is that once the ink is committed, it's committed. But man, is it fun! A tube of white acrylic, some acrylic extender and a nice brush is also a great addition.

15. robber

robber

Sincere thanks for the likes... it feels good to share the shapes and colors:)

Ron Funkhouser, Jigger, Cruisin', 56 Dodge Pickup and Spoggie... you guys truly help me to lift a heavy heart :) Gallons of thanks!

How about we keep this goin' a bit longer? Here's one more for me Mom...

Cruisin', Jigger and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  16. robber

robber

..."Gas Attack"...:) cp 779.JPG

17. robber

robber

You make me smile Spoggie... :)

I am sorry for your loss as well, mate. The engine is a wonderful keepsake... those we hold dear to our hearts live on in the kindness that they showed us:)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  18. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I get it...I have about every color and shade of gray copic has....I will mess with mixind and matching colors....the white acrylic i will be picking up tomorrow to play with as well...and one things for certain once the ink is applied, its there for good...thanks for the tip, i will be looking at black in a whole other light. thanks R

19. Oye!

Spoggie and robber like this.
  20. Agreeing with Robber.. Keep it going!

Steve-O Spoggie Brown. I am also saddened by your loss, I will hoist a cold one and knock it back for you and keep your family in me prayers mate!

All you mates do is for Queen and Country, right? 58_Chevy_Biscayne_drag.jpg 63_Galaxie_MI_S_1.png Beachin'_Delivery_01a.jpg Pierson_Bro_cars1948_001_4web.jpg 64_Barracuda_Bad_Fish_001a.jpg 61_Ponch_Air_Ride.jpg

21. 0106162.jpg

Thanks Mark. Neil was great for us.
    After blowing a crank, ( bad luck, via a faulty oil pump in the fresh mill), he/we had that mill back up & going, I'm pretty sure, that same day. We got it going, and he wound that thing out so hard, uphill (like your '61 ^ (above). We young cats screamed 'this baby's gonna blow!" He just laughed and laughed- and kept it mashed.

Heard a song today, it welled me up. That kind of bloke.

22. Ron Brown,...I like all kinds of angles to look at cars from,...but down is good too sometimes...(there's something I don't like about this sketch so I've never posted it til now.)
    ...let's have some fun and see if you can tell what I don't like.
    fas 410.jpg

ct1932ford, Muttley, Jigger and 9 others like this.
  23. Hey Bob, thank you, I love this rendering.Great car!

Spoggie and 57 Corvette ~ Bob like this.
  24. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Thank you .......

Jigger likes this.
  25. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I like it. Could it be the rear fender/ body fit ?

26. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll tell ya what I dont like about it.......the fact that I didnt draw it...

probably the roof, looks slightly off if you imagine a vanishing horizon. think it should taper down just slightly at right rear corner. other than that its your usual killer stuff...you amaze me

27. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Spoggie...........the 34 roadster is bad ass.

Spoggie likes this.
  28. Edco,..bingo,...you have a good eye, to me the rear fenders and rear body portion don't look big enuf or drop down enuf compared to the rest of the car,...otherwise I like it.
    Ron,...now that you mention it the roof mite be off a bit also..
    ...most artists are their own worst critics,..I really don't like posting anything I'm not happy with myself.
    ...sometimes a sketch looks good as you draw it about a foot or so from your face but doesn't look so good from 2-3 feet away,..it's always a learning experience.

Spoggie, Jigger and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  29. Thanks Ron, sorry for late reply.. that one was painted at 'Chopped' 2014. I have no recall of car owner's name, club was Cardinals. Remember little of driveline details, it was a fast painting at a busy show, kinda wham- bam. Sweet car, definitely non- catalogue build, and the owner/ builder an encouraging & pleasant fellow. Happy enough with art outcome too, an impressionist piece, finishwise.