Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Vic Edelbrock

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mike in tucson, Jun 9, 2017.

1. HamD

HamD

Thank you to the work Vic put into his company. Thanks to him, I have had opportunities in the hobby to use quality parts that lasted, fit, and pass 50 state regs.

2. Hot Rods & the name Edelbrock will always be associated with each other,a pioneering family lost another important member of a dynasty. HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    deucemac likes this.
  3. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

R.I.P. I'm sure his name will be remembered for decades, if not longer

4. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Another legend is gone. He did a lot for the industry and the hobby. Vic will be badly missed. Condolences to his family. RIP

5. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

I met him a few years ago at the vintage weekend at Watkins Glen. Really nice guy.
    RIP Vic Vic and me at Watkins.jpg

HemiDeuce and HEMI32 like this.
  6. From the Petersen Photo Archives:

Vic-Edelbrock-Jr (1).jpg
    July 1956 - Vic Edelbrock Jr, in one of the first images we have of a young Vic conducting business, pulling an honest 300 horsepower from a Mercury. The details of that build up is laid out in an 8-page story by Racer Brown in the December 1956 issue of Hot Rod magazine. Vic and Racer joined forced to bring a street engine through a progression of performance modifications that ended with 303 sustainable horses on tap from the Merc. Of course, Vic's influence on automotive performance didn't stop there and will live long into the future. Thank you sir for your enthusiasm and dedication. R.I.P.

J. A. Miller and deucemac like this.

7. Vic-Edelbrock-Jr (3).jpg
    Vic-Edelbrock-Jr (4).jpg

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017

8. In Memory Of Vic Jr.jpg

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  9. deucemac

deucemac

Seeing the picture of Vic and his dad's car reminds me of our conversation at SEMA the year Vic bought the car back from the family of the guy that bought it from his dad. Ernie had promised to sell the car back upon his death. Vic approached the family about the car and they said they knew nothing of such a deal. After some long conversations, Vic asked if they had looked in the owner's wallet. Sure enough, there was a hand written note that stated if anything happened to him, the car would go back to the Edelbrock family. That settled, the restoration began. Vic told me he wasn't sure if the engine was the original one after all those years and miles. Vic said that when they tore down the engine he found the proof it was the original block. It seemed that Vic Sr. had some speed secret at the time. He would mix up some type of goop and reshape the center exhaust port. I guess the stuff would set up like concrete. Once they got all the valve gear out and could inspect the center ports properly, Vic immediately recognized his dad's secret goop shaped just like he remembered. He told me that story with a twinkle in his eye, a smile on his face, and acted like a 10 year old kid finding the special present under the Christmas tree that he had wished for all year. The only regret that I have about all this happening before me was a I stood there with my camera around my neck and dumb - dumb me was so captivated by the story I never got a picture. It was a heartwarming story of a late father and son reconnecting. Thanks Vic, for taking the time to share it with me then .

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  10. Godspeed Vic Jr, a true gentleman of our hobby.

So glad I got to meet you and chat with you and have you share your life's work, never forgotten. RIP and sincere condolences to the Family.
    18952808_10203314023326628_1030075988016814864_n.jpg

11. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Looks like Steve Rogers. Formerly of K&N Engineering will replace Vic. Hope he maintains the integrity of the company.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.