Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical converted to 4 wheel disc, manual, do we need brake residual valves?

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by 55Thunderboy, Jun 5, 2017.

1. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I wish Bosch still owned the proving grounds, but it is now owned by Navistar. :(

2. stimpy

stimpy

yea I know, My buddy has to thank you guys for taking good care of it , he loves going out there .. he said its lots better than Ft Wayne was ( nothing against the city or people ) , just the test track they had there as not suited for what they need to do and was way outdated and out of the way ..( except for food as the nearest place to eat now is about 5 miles away )

3. 55Thunderboy

55Thunderboy
    from NYC

guys i took the pistons out of the master last night just to see if anything looked damaged but so far the rubber seals look new, no nicks or wear marks and inside the bore looks perfect as well, no signs of side loading or metal scratching the bore. as for the PSI bias front and rear chamber this has us STUMPED!!. i just finished making new hardlines to the Prop Valve to reverse the chamber feed, will bench bleed and test in a few days. I just hope all this works helps otherwise my friend is going to have to scrap this Wilwood kit for something else.

4. 55Thunderboy

55Thunderboy
    from NYC

we got this all buttoned up last night. We bench bled the master and redid the lines to swap ports, we haven't had time to pressure bleed the car out yet but so far it seems way better, initial engagement is now good. One thing we noticed on round 2 of this install is the first time we installed the kit and MC the car had ZERO pedal and NO Brakes until we bled the system out 2 times with the power bleeder. After taking the MC apart and bench bleeding it carefully we let the lines and prop valve gravity bleed during the reinstall and the pedal is nice all on its own, it didn't sink to the bottom and the car has brakes unlike the first time we installed it. I wonder if there were air pockets in the MC we didn't get out the first time or something?

5. deucemac

deucemac

Just for fun, call Warren Gilliland at The Brake Man. He is down the street from Wildwood and light years ahead in brake knowledge. He started out as Airheart's protégé and is flat brilliant with brakes. When you gather phone calls from the McLaren factory folks to sort out their brake problems, is says something about confidence in the man. I was talking to Warren at SEMA when Antron Brown stopped by to thank Warren for dialing in his brakes. I'm sure he has much better information than the Wilwood trained monkeys .

6. racer_dave

racer_dave

sounds like the bench bleed did the trick. I've been using Wilwood for decades without issue. I've never had to call their tech dept so not sure about that. But even then, I talk to the racing reps not the street car guys. Glad it got sorted out though.