Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects OK, Realistically What is My Buddy's 34 Ford Truck Worth?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bolthead, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Looking at the pics in the ad- it is a 33. Grill, hood sides, firewall and dash are 33, and the back of the cab does not have the extra "bump" that a 34 would have. I actually thought 5K was a pretty generous offer.

2. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

I also see no mention of title status.

3. Can you post the auction your friend was referencing? I bet that will tell the story.

Charlie Stephens

4. bolthead

bolthead

I took it off Craigslist. He is going to think about it and reconsider his asking price. He does have a title. It might take him some time. Thanks everyone for your input.

5. banginona40

banginona40

I don't disagree with you at all but I think parting out and making use of what people might use to build a rod beats the alternative.

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

the alternative? the alternative is to fix it up as an old flatbed truck and have fun.
    the point is that most people sell the bumpers and fenders then junk the rest. I parted 51 and 53 Chevrolet 4 doors and a 1960 El Camino. I sold EVERY SINGLE PART that could be used by someone else. there was nothing left but rusty junk. the only usable parts I tossed were one bare front crossmember from the 53, and the 51 frame after I removed the transmission crossmember and sold that. did it mostly on ebay and a few on craigslist. probably 300 + listings. I got over $9,000.00

if you part out a car and you need a flatbed truck to haul the remains you did not do it right. :(:(

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  7. metalman

metalman

When I parted out my 32 I'd didn't have to throw anything away but was afraid I'd have to, not much demand for a big truck chassis. Finally sold my rolling chassis with the title, flatbed, transmission and 6 new tires thru Ford Barn to a truck collector out of northern California for a wopping $250. Only offer I had gotten, probably could of gotten close to that for the scrap weight. Even though it was a "bargain" price I'd rather it go anywhere except scrap, he had a use for it plus it cost him quite a bit to come get it which I understood.

8. 58imp348

58imp348

Hey metalman! not to steal your post, but
    I was just surfing the net and came across this site. And saw an old post of yours from
    2010 showing a old photo of my father and his1940 ford Deluxe 2 door. In your write up you stated it was a standard.
    Not so It is a Deluxe. My father is still alive and well at 87 I have the same picture you have and more of him and that Car. If you look close you'll see he still has his military khaki clothes on as he just got out of the military he hadn't been home long enough to buy any civilian clothes. The photo was taken out at my old grandma's house when Dad got home from the army. Dad and I just finished putting together a 39 ford Deluxe 2 door and it has skirts we took it out to grandma's old house (yep it's still there)
    And took a photo of him striking the same pose in the same spot 65 years later.
    Send me an email address I'll send you some pictures . If you don't mind me asking how did you end up with that photo? Dad_&_39_002.jpg

Sorry for the interruption continue on with your post

9. If he takes someone's money, then he has nothing to say about what happens to it. If the thought disturbs him he should keep it. You can't have both.

I went to see a coupe last year. Owner would not sell to someone that would rod it. Owner wanted someone to buy it from him so he could have money. These two ideas can't co-exist.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. metalman

metalman

Wow. PM sent.

11. Andy

Andy

The airfilter is worth some money. Put something else on it.

12. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sellers do not have a say in what happens to what they sold, once the transaction has been completed.

It is a curious fantasy that one would be able to have control over what they have voluntarily relinquished interest in.

He can sell it, or keep it. That's it. If he wants it kept a certain way, he can build it, and keep it.

anthony myrick likes this.
  13. make sure he refuses to sell it to me
    Im not gonna lie........it will end up something like this (ps you can tell him I could care less about what year the hood is)
    34 truck.jpg