Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Altenator Bracket question Edelebrock 3x2

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by movingviolation, Jun 11, 2017.

1. movingviolation

movingviolation

Hey all,

Have 49-53 flathead with edelbrock 3x2 intake and edelbrock carbs. The centre mount bracket will not work as the alt and the carb make contact. Anyone else with this issue? How did you solve it???

Thanks in advance!

Leon

2. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Use a Navarro tripple intake. :) Edelbrock, to his credit, designed his tripple to accommodate the slightly larger Ford/Holley 94s, which space the carbs wider than several other tripples, like Navarro, Offy, that were intended for 97s.
    Other option is to use a smaller-sized inline alternator, or an offset alternator bracket.
    I am using a standard/common GM SI alternator in line with 3 97s on a Navarro intake on a '49-'53 flathead.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    loudbang likes this.
  3. A few years back Mike Mavrigian did a series of articles in Shop Magazine on building a flathead (8BA) and one whole chapter was on mounting an alternator on a 3-2 setup - I think with an SU-349 Edelbrock manifold. It was chapter 6 of the series. He used a Tuff Stuff 7781 alternator. I just finished an install on a 59AB using the same style alternator. Pic is of Mike's flatty.
    FLATHEAD GLAM.jpg

loudbang and Texas Webb like this.
  4. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

5. movingviolation

movingviolation

Have you used this with the edelbrock 3x2 and the edelbrock carbs?

6. movingviolation

movingviolation

Edelbrock 3x2 and their Edelbrock carbs? What bracket for the alt?

Thanks

7. Demon carbs ( a little bigger than a 97) and the article shows how he built the bracket.

loudbang likes this.
  8. movingviolation

movingviolation

Thank You!

9. I'll find the pic of the bracket on my shop computer and post it for you this morning.