Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage LA this weekend 6/9/17

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gas Stove-bolt, Jun 9, 2017.

1. I'm in Torrance this weekend and wanted to know if any car shows or other attractions to see. I pulled up the Moon Open House and I'm a month too early, dang it. I'm leaving Wednesday, so Shop tours or what-ever.

Thanks

2. Gas Stove-bolt likes this.
  3. toml24

toml24

The "Donut Derelicts Car Show" in Huntington Beach (Surf City USA), at the corner of Adams and Magnolia, Saturday morning from 5:30AM to 8:30AM. 250 vintage car and trucks. The best FREE car show on the West coast. No rules or regulations. Very casual. This happens every Saturday morning.

4. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Road Kings Car Show at Johnny Carson Park on Sunday is a big show. The City is Burbank!

Special Ed and Gas Stove-bolt like this.
  5. Dave Rondou

Dave Rondou

Friday night cruise at Ruby's Diner in Whittier

6. jnaki

jnaki

ANNUAL CLASSIC CAR SHOW

June 11, 2017 | 10:00am-3:00pm | Avenida Del Mar

The Downtown Business Association is hosting their 22nd Annual Car Show in downtown San Clemente. The show boasts 300 quality show cars from classic to exotic and is free to the public. The venue includes free slot car races, a rock climbing wall and slide for kids, food trucks, vendors, DJ entertainment and a live band. Family Assistance Ministries will be raffling off incredible items all day long to fund its wonderful and heart-warming charitable endeavors. Hop on the FREE shuttle bus at San Clemente High School for a fun filled day in historical downtown, San Clemente.
    [​IMG]
    BEFORE YOU LEAVE, CHECK THIS WEBSITE OUT: http://www.i5highway.com/i-5-traffic/san_clemente.html

Hello,
    This show is on the main drag in San Clemente. The road goes all the way down to the ocean and the pier. Make it a day outing, but get there early. The video is from last year and just turn down the soundtrack. It is better silent.

Jnaki
    Since you are here for a few days, make it a day's outing. It takes about 1.5 hours down the Coast Highway 1 or 1 hour on the 405 to the I-5 south. The exit is Palizada, but it is easier to park at the high school on Pico and take the free shuttle. That is the easiest, since parking will be scarce everywhere.

(Remember that portion of the freeway in San Clemente is in a year-long construction phase and Sunday is no different as far as the traffic is concerned. Early is better...)

This show along with the annual Seal Beach Car Show and the Long Beach Belmont Shore Car Show are the top 3 in So Cal for beach town car shows. You will see many different cars at each show.

7. Thanks all, I'm going to try to hit as much as I can. We are going to the Peterson Museum and the San Clemente looks great . Having fun in (Sunny ? ) California. It is cool to just see classics and hot-rods just driving down the streets.

8. Special Ed

Special Ed

If I were visiting, Road Kings show would be my choice. It's in a park, not on a street. Road Kings car club has/had Don Prudhomme, Tommy Ivo, and way too many other names. Leno usually shows up with something pretty cool, too. San Clemente show might be limited due to drizzle, but Burbank will be dry.

9. jnaki

jnaki

Hey GS,
    The weather forecast for the area where you are all the way down to San Clemente on Sunday is for early morning drizzle and a temp of 67. I was in Long Beach yesterday and it was sunny, hot and crowded.
    Jnaki
    Have fun in So Cal
    Plus, for the significant other...or kids... There is the newest Outlet Mall Shops just north of downtown San Clemente. (exit Vista Hermosa...) It is the newest one in So Cal. You can't miss seeing it off of the freeway going south.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  10. jnaki

jnaki

Hey GS,
    If you are planning a day outing in So Cal, today, it is actually raining (from 2 a.m. last night until this 6 a.m.) from Newport Beach south past San Clemente, all the way down to Oceanside. So, if an auto show is in your plans, you might want to wait until it clears or check out the inland ones. The forecast is for later day clearing. The inland spots are not raining, but cloudy.

Jnaki
    So...the ocean influence strikes again. In Torrance? Raining, too? You are close to the far western edge of So Cal, so it probably is raining, too. Good luck and take back some memories to MO. We have some So Cal relatives that moved back to St. Louis... They are now Midwest locals...ha!

Photos of your shows! Thanks...

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017