Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage So, I never heard...How was the Pate Swap meet?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roothawg, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Roothawg

Roothawg

I am planning on gathering a buttload of stuff to take to a major swap meet in the near future. I don't like going all the time, just to thin the herd. I was thinking about hitting Pate next spring. How was it? Is it worth going to or has it morphed into a chinese tool sale?

2. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. It went quite well. Was cold up there Wed & Thur on set up days and warmed a bit after that. No rain this year but as always a lot of wind. My AACA local club is one of the 16 Clubs that own the Pate Swap meet so I was working the event most of the time.
    They sold over 9,000 vendor spaces and it was filling up fast.
    It officially opens up Wed for Vendors to begin moving in and officially to the public Fri thru Sun buy most vendors begin leaving Sat evening so do not count on much Sunday.
    There are vendors with tools, T shirts, etc. but car related in by far the majority.
    Each day from 10 am to 5 pm there is restricted driving.. Those shopping must either walk or use approved handicap elect scooters. No bikes, cycles gold carts, etc. Staff while working do have use of official golf carts to get around on and parts haulers pull small trailers with golf carts. Other than that it is a lot of walking.
    Jimmie

Roothawg likes this.
  3. Roothawg

Roothawg

Thanks. I used to go but haven't been in a few years.

4. Chrome Moly Steel

Chrome Moly Steel
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Miami, fl

Made it to Pate again this year. I think it's pretty good. Spent about 5 hours a day for 3 days making the rounds so was able to check out most vendors. Bought several items, had to ship some of it home UPS. Will try to make it again next year. Lee

Roothawg and stillrunners like this.

5. Next year will be my 41st year to set up....did good this year...and yes it's big....you could sneak in on a Monday -Tuesday....lot's of selling going on those two days - Wednesday - it's a free for all - lots of dealers buying stuff to take else where or jack up the price on - for their space....sooo Thursday is another buyers day....and Friday maybe the locals looking for stuff - come out....Saturday's a sell day.....don't forget the small stuff - the guys from Europe and beyond come in to buy early....it's a get together for my buddies that don't live in the area...one came that's going through the cancer shit...we already lost a good swap/builder bud before....but his last meet we all had his spirits up all week...

6. Good this year...next year will be my 41st year to set up - had a buddie getting ready for his cancer shit this year...it's more a buddie get together for me as much as a chance to sell some stuff....lost another buddie a few years back to the cancer stuff but we had a good meet that year....Monday - Tuesday - you could sneak in - lot's of selling going on - and then Wednesday as well - some dealer guys buying your stuff for resale....Thursday some of the same...most locals will not get off Thursday....Friday the locals or travelers will show up - the guys from Europe and beyond are there early to buy...Saturday is a sell day....after being there a day or two...your ready to go....why a lot of sellers leave late Saturday....

Roothawg likes this.