Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. racer chaser

racer chaser
    from indiana

2. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

Gene Force, at a indoor show at Ft. Wayne in mid 50s I believe.

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  3. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

Looks like it might have gotten under the inner guard rail and I'm sure it didn't do the radiator any good. It's an odd picture though. I wonder why it's just McCluskey and one other pushing it? And why not just wait for the wrecker to come and pull it back to the garage??

4. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:DRE The crashed Cessna.Could probably have been rebuilt and flown again.Just Look at the "Glacier Girl"P38 that was rescued from about 300 feet down in a glacier in Greenland.Or the guys in Washington state that have built 5 Me262`s from the original plans.Like the line from an old Hank Williams song"If you got the money,honey,I got the time'.This thread just gets better all the time.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

5. Hakro

Hakro

No, it's a Chrysler 1942.

6. upload_2017-6-9_12-51-44.png

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    RMR&C and chryslerfan55 like this.
  7. indyrjc

indyrjc
    from Indiana

Rootie, I found reference to Billy Krause spinning in front of McCluskey in Turn One and Roger hitting him before he could get stopped. This was on May 4th, 1963. It's possible the wrecker is with Krause and McCluskey decided to just push his car to the road in the short chute that led back to the garages. McCluskey is still running on the 18" rears and 16" fronts. By the time he qualified he was on the new 15" wheels and wider rubber.

Rootie Kazoootie likes this.
  8. jroberts

jroberts

[​IMG]

In 1910 a Studebaker electric truck was used to transport 4 ton "Millie" to a vet.

9. the bike is for sure a Harley pre 48. it looks like a big twin by the shape of the crash bar being slightly rounded. 45s were more square. the headlight is after market along with the fender light. the front fender may be bobbed slightly. the tank gives a possible clue. it has a stripe on the front of the tank that resembles the trim piece on a 46. the bike could be older painted to look like a newer bike because to do this the band that holds the trim on has to be removed. swapping tanks and updated paint jobs were a common thing to do. cool pic too bad its faded out. the pic by 31 dodger shows the stock trim piece on the tank.

10. blackrat40

blackrat40
    Member Emeritus

Does anybody know the details about the Cessna crash?

loudbang likes this.
  11. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes'm, it was a fine place. It was at NW 23rd and Meridian. For better or worse, the site is now home to a Pizza Hut.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.